Our direct current client is seeking a Vice President of Information Technology as a full-time direct position. Client’s “interim” VP has been working as a consultant and is nearing the end of their engagement. In this role you will be leading the continuous development of their business application systems in cloud infrastructure platforms. You will lead application systems production support and the development, configurations, and modifications of enterprise application systems. A key area of focus will be application systems management, however experience in management of infrastructure teams is required. Client is predominantly AWS with a small on-premise server room. Successful candidate needs to understand enough about networks, infrastructure management, telephony, and information security to make product/vendor decisions and direct engineers that are part of the team.
This role includes responsibility for providing oversight in the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful delivery of business needs. You will successfully engage with business departments and IT teams, third party service providers and affiliates, to achieve results that drive growth, enable productivity, and deliver innovative solutions for business value.
Client is an Agile development methodology IT shop with minimal administrative overhead and structure. Reporting to the CIO, this is an opportunity for an experienced hands-on professional to work closely with cross-area IT and business teams and engage in all aspects of technology development and operations. This role serves as the CIO back up, and the selected candidate will be qualified to be the CIO replacement. If you are seeking additional career momentum while leveraging your skills, this is a unique opportunity to further explore.
S/he must have experience in a senior management role within IT, responsible for a mix of strategic, tactical and service responsibilities within a fast paced and dynamic environment. This management role utilizes creative ingenuity and forward thinking to help innovate and define solutions while also prioritizing foundational projects to ensure rapid deployments, systems scalability and sustainability.
Responsible for delivering high quality business enabling systems while ensuring day-to-day business production systems operations, you effectively work with IT teams to prioritize projects and handle production issues promptly. Manages diverse projects and multiple cross-area priorities (new development projects, maintenance, and system enhancements). Develops/enhances systems controls and identify opportunities for process improvement to ensure high performance systems operations.
Coaches and mentors IT personnel for continuous improvement, action oriented elimination of blockers, monitors performance and establishes personnel development plans to achieve highest level of performance.
Provides input to business objectives, and drives the necessary steps (e.g. projects, change management, post project evaluation) to go from conception/inception to realization of business benefits.
Manages vendors/contractors, third party interfaces and affiliates. Effectively plans for deliverables and monitors plans and quality. Ensures performance metrics and contract terms/ deliverables are met. Manages vendor relationships and fosters a seamless operations model. Effectively negotiates contract development and renewals.
Demonstrates leadership, builds partnerships and communicates in a way that is motivating, optimistic and pragmatic, operates with high integrity and promotes effective team interaction and accountability.
Manages a team of software developers and other IT functions in the development, configuration and modification of our enterprise application solutions from design, development and testing, through implementations and production support. Collaborates with all IT functions and management to ensure high-quality implementations.
- Creates an environment of accountability for teams by setting clear goals in quality coding and bug-free releases. Coach and develop team members with continuous improvement goals. Leads change and manages conflicts while fostering team collaboration. Leads by example pursuing continuous improvement and quality.
Ensures compliance with industry standard development methodologies, regulatory compliance requirements and internal Policies. Develops and contributes to IT Policies, Procedures and Controls. Ensures application systems meet information security standards and comply with regulations. Contributes to, establishes, and implements appropriate IT governance policies, processes, procedures and standards in conjunction with regulatory or business affiliate requirements.
Contributes to long-range planning for the IT Division and with Business Management. Develops forecasts for budgets and financial decisions; manages IT expenditures and monitors ongoing expense forecasts to actuals. Builds resource plans and organization structures.
- Facilitates/leads the evaluation of products, vendors, and technologies in alignment with business objectives, develops recommendations including implementation and long-term cost and resource requirements.
- Hands-on management of development teams, including full-stack architecture and concepts (multiple front-end and back-end interfaces and processes). Ability to execute the activities involved in conceptualizing, defining architecture, designing, and implementing customer-centric business application systems.
- Proven technical experience in developing, implementing, and supporting application systems in multiple business channel organizations. Ability to assess channel conflicts and design alternatives to ensure business function uniqueness while leveraging system functions wherever feasible as single process step.
- Hands on technical management experience with the information security suite of in-house developed software, data repositories, and reporting solutions.
- Develops model and leads cross-functional teams, pooled/allocated resources, and contractors/vendors.
- Excellent working level knowledge of application architecture and Software integration.
- Experience in code optimization & performance tuning.
- Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process, while ensuring high performance systems, end-user feature and function quality, data integrity and information security.
- Experience in development of customized Salesforce applications; systems in cloud services platforms. Capable of APEX code review and ensuring best practices highly desired.
- Experience and knowledge working in broad technical domains (i.e., hardware, infrastructure, and software). Knowledge of infrastructure management with experience.
- Verifiable knowledge of IT application development/enterprise systems, integration architecture including cloud and micro-services.
- Experience defining, or a significant contributor, to a technology-roadmap heavily focused on DevOps best practices, technologies collaboration, automation, and Cloud services.
- Understanding of application design leveraging cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.). Working level knowledge of Lambda’s, micro services architecture.
- Two plus years development management experience for systems in Cloud technologies (Software as Service, infrastructure, back-end, data pipelines and interfaces).
- Experience in management of systems, information security, telephony and networks technologies and teams.
- Working level knowledge of Object-Oriented Software Development and Design in modern programming languages.
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.). Experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse systems integrations a plus.
- Experience in optimal API design such as creations and consumption of REST and SOAP services.
- Experience in web services and applications, integration of call center systems and other customer centric technology platforms.
- Ensures secure business operations through analysis, monitoring, mitigation of risks in projects, and business continuity planning.
- Experience and understanding of the complete SDLC with emphasis on Agile, TDD and SCM.
- Deep understanding and involvement in improvements for unit testing, QA / QC / UAT processes, tools and test methodologies.
- Eight to ten years of experience in progressive IT management roles in financial services, direct lending, or similar.
- 5+ years of management experience with enterprise applications in a fast-paced business environment.
- Experience and ability to operate at a senior level, interacting with business executives. As a direct report to the CIO, VP of Information Technology will act as the CIO in his/her absence.
- Assists the CIO in leading overall information technology strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing information technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology projects.
- Demonstrated experience and capacity sufficient to serve as interim successor to the CIO.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
License or Certifications (preferred)
Salesforce Developer/Administrator Certifications highly desired
ITIL and Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, a plus
Scrum Master Certification. a plus
Mastery of Atlassian product suite a plus
Information Security Certification a plus
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.