Position - Surgical Technologist
Location – Seattle, WA
$10,000 signing bonus! (for external candidates only) + Relocation Assistance available!
Our direct client is looking for a Surgical Technologist to work in Perioperative Float Team Seattle, WA.
The Surgical Technologist is responsible for facilitating the surgical procedure through the assembly of instrumentation, equipment, and supplies. The Surgical Technologist work as a member of the surgical team under the supervision of a registered nurse, with the surgeon, anaesthesiologist, and other medical support personnel to provide patient care in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of the Surgical Services department.
In this position you will:
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Serve in the primary scrub role during assigned core procedures. Place equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instruction. Maintain supply of fluids and medications labelled and ready for use during operation. Hand instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and perform other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation. Anticipate the needs of the surgical team and facilitates the progress of the surgical procedure.
- Effectively coordinates equipment, supplies and instrumentation according to surgeon’s preference cards. Collaborate with members of the surgical team in the updating and maintenance of preference cards.
- Function competently within multiple specialty areas and serves in a flexible scrub role with minimal notice. Recognize age and size of patient as a relevant factor and apply appropriate skills in preparation for surgical intervention.
- Assist team members with positioning, moving, and transporting patients. Facilitate room turnover and washing and sterilization of instruments. Competent in use of washer, autoclaves, and Steris.
- Assist with preparation and draping of patient. Anticipates surgeons needs in supplies and instrumentation. Apply knowledge of good sterile technique. Collaborate with circulating nurse to up-hold AORN standards as adopted by the Medical Center Policies and Procedures. Assist as necessary in holding retractors and cutting sutures.
Preferred qualification for this position includes:
- High School diploma or GED
- Certificate of completion of a surgical technician vocational program or documentation of equivalent training
- 5 years of current operating room experience
- Experience in multiple surgical areas (General, MIS, Vascular, GU, GYN, Gastro, Plastics, ENT, Eye, MaxFac, Ortho, Neuro, Spine, Peds, Thoracic and Transplant) as outlined in the skills/competency checklist required
- Experience using computers
- Registration with the Washington State Department of Health as a Surgical Technologist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Valid current USA state driver’s license
- National certification by the Liaison Council on Certification for ST