Our Direct Client is looking to hire a Voice Interconnect Engineer.
Position : Voice Interconnect Engineer
Location : Littleton CO 80120
6 Months Contract-to-hire Role
Voice Interconnect Engineer with deep understanding of VoIP and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and a full range of features and functions including long distance/toll calling, international, E911, toll-free, CALEA, etc. This person will identify and recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. This person will have a thorough working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements.
Work with 3rd parties to provide voice services, hence this Transport Voice Interconnect Engineer will be responsible for performing detailed evaluations of service providers' capabilities and performance.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions.
Responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Evaluate future traffic loads and determine interconnection changes including establishing voice peering arrangements.
- Ability to evaluate and manage all aspects of potential service provider relationships.
- Establish success metrics to evaluate and manage 3rd party service providers including SLA and KPIs.
- Implement Best Practices for VoIP and data traffic engineering, LCR and dimensioning circuits.
- Assess system architectures including reliability and redundancy requirements.
- Support transport/ traffic engineering portions of network projects such as VoIP traffic, data sessions, E911, and IP-based technologies.
- Evaluate CALEA interface, call flow model and the service providers’ implementation of this function.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
The successful Transport Interconnect Engineer will have:
- BS in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 + years Telecommunications Network experience
- Must have a strong understanding of data and VoIP network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering
- Detailed understanding of signalling requirements to include SS7, DSC, SIP, SBC and others
- Experience designing and implementing connections for the PSAP facilities and E911 calling
- Have implemented and have a detailed knowledge of various OAM&P platforms (EMS/NMS)
- Familiarity with Optical Networks, OTN, DWDM, ROADM, SDH, SONET, optical transmission technologies, Ethernet, Wave, Switching, Routing, Data Networks, DCN, and Synchronization of optical networks
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications, define KPIs and manage in a complex environment
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to delivery in fast-paced high volume environment supporting aggressive targets
- Advanced degree preferred