Our Direct Client is looking to hire an Entry Level Test Engineer.
Jr Automation Engineer
Location : Louisville, CO 8002
: 6+ Months
An entry-level contract Automation Engineer is responsible for automation of test cases and test processes in support of programs verifying spec compliance and operation of equipment in radio frequency and ethernet communication systems.
Tests may be performed manually to validate procedures as a first step prior to automating procedures in various development environments. The individual must be highly comfortable in a lab environment, with a mature work ethic and strong problem solving and interpersonal communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Automate test procedures in Python, Tcl/Tk, Spirent iTest, and other development environments
- Validate test implementations and refine/correct test plan procedures
- Quickly familiarize with equipment and protocols in various technical domains, e.g. IP networking, WiFi networking, DOCSIS radio frequency networking, security, and virtual host/cloud installations.
- Demonstrated aptitude in test automation and software development
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with engineering and test lab staff
- Familiarity with operation of networked computer systems and equipment
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage time effectively and work independently in a fast-paced laboratory environment
- Appetite for exploration, investigation, and learning, across multiple technical domains
This job is a full/part-time opportunity (20-40 hours/week) operates in a professional office and electronic equipment testing lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office and electronic testing equipment. Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the organization for personal protection.