Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Senior Network Engineer
to join their team in Phoenix, AZ
. This position is a full-time, direct-hire
role and will be REMOTE during COVID with flexibility after.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
|The Senior Network Engineer responsible for high-level network and security planning, design, implementation, and optimization including complex LAN, WAN, WLAN, and distributed server systems, where we are driven to make a difference. Additionally, this resource leads and performs the installation and support of network communications and security components, and also serves as a senior level resource to the organization for IT infrastructure functions and audits.
The Senior Network Engineer takes on the role of project leader, often leading the planning and implementation of large scale network projects through vendor comparison, cost studies and vendor supervision. Because this role requires connecting with people quickly in a friendly manner, it is critical that this resource be able to use open communication skills to gain the interest and involvement of others in the work process. A strong sense of urgency is necessary in this role, as is the ability to train and teach others in more junior positions.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Plans and recommends network hardware, monitoring tools, architecture, and security.
- Designs architecture, reviews network plans and modifies network and to ensure performance and compliance with security standards.
- Acts as a Team Lead for the design and implementation of network infrastructure and security systems, leading and directing the work of others.
- Provides technical direction, project leadership, documentation, and senior level engineering as it relates to the IT network infrastructure.
- Acts as a primary technical interface with different areas of the business during project requirements gathering, design, implementation, and documentation.
- Suggests areas for improvement and proposes solutions for internal processes.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, analyzes, and resolves IT network infrastructure and security problems that have been identified or escalated.
- Provides input during the performance appraisal process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular business hours: however, overtime (including periodic off-hours and weekend hours) and on-call is required
- Occasional travel of less than 10% may be required
- High School diploma or GED required. BS in IT field preferred or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in IT field.
- 7 years experiences as networking / systems professional, with 2 years’ experience as a Senior Network Engineer.
- Expert knowledge of LAN / WAN / WLAN, VPN, switching, and routing technology, protocols, and optimization, network security, firewalls and IPS.
- Expert knowledge of server maintenance and procedure.
- Knowledge of Juniper OS or willingness to learn.
- Knowledgeable in Cisco is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of MS operating systems and products.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Powershell, Python, Ansible), preferred.
- JNCIE, JNCIS or CCNP certification, preferred.
- Six Sigma, ITIL or equivalent certification or experience preferred.
- Proven ability to use good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to provide flexible and adaptable work schedules.
- Strong organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Multi-tasking and Time Management Skills; thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment where deadlines are essential.
- Ability to demonstrate high integrity, develop strong working relationships and build trust and confidence among peers and management.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer software applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.