A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is looking for a Sr Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)/ Software Developer
to join their team in Phoenix, AZ.
This role is a 6-month contract to hire
and will sit remotely through the end of the year. Candidates need to have a strong App Dev background and have recently worked with Java.
Purpose of Job
The primary purpose of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is to improve and sustain the reliability of the companies most critical IT systems. The role is essential in helping establish and measure service level objectives for critical systems. In addition, SREs will continuously identify engineering and automation opportunities to effectively manage production systems at scale. An SRE will model a blameless culture through effective postmortems and a focus on minimizing impact felt from outages.
What a Typical Week Will Look Like
- Champion Site Reliability Engineering practices across IT organization
- Work with application and system SME’s to:
- Design highly scalable and resilient distributed systems
- Create and maintain Service Level Objectives to measure and manage critical services
- Analyze, troubleshoot and fix core infrastructure or critical systems when they fail or degrade
- Automate repetitive or manual system support tasks to reduce toil
- Lead technical postmortems to identify lessons learned and implement improvements
- Partner with technical teams and product owners to ensure resiliency work is developer-ready
- Design and execute failure injection tests to verify adequate system capacity and resiliency
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years application development and support experience
- Strong interest in monitoring, optimizing, scaling and troubleshooting large distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience influencing and selling new ideas to peers, leadership, and senior management
- Strong experience or working knowledge of end-to-end IT systems (REST services, asynchronous messaging, application runtime, relational and NoSQL databases, compute, storage, network, security, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience developing enterprise applications
- Demonstrated experience building SLO-based monitoring solutions
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills
- Experience with cloud native technologies
- Experience with chaos engineering tools and techniques
- Strong background in continue integration / continuous delivery solutions (CI/CD)
- Experience using:
- Prometheus, Thanos, VictoriaMetrics, Alertmanager and/or Grafana
- Docker, Compose, Stack, Swarm, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift
- APM solutions like AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, Datadog
- Tracing solutions – Jaeger, Zipkin, OpenMetrics, OpenTelemetry, Kiali
- Logging solutions based on EFK/ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Logstash, Kibana, Beats)
- Service mesh (Istio)
- Public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients tun to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.