Our premier client is seeking a mid-level DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer / Software Developer & Integrator for 4-6 months contract-to-hire role.
Job Title: DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer /Software Developers and Integrator
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85085 [ Remote for now ]
Duration: Contract-to-hire (conversion to FTE in 4-6 months)
Purpose of Job
- Looking for someone with Java development experience who, in a true DevOps fashion was responsible for the code they developed and, in doing so, utilized SRE type principles or at a minimum the tooling. Prometheus, Grafana, Etc.
The primary purpose of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is to improve and sustain the reliability of the most critical IT systems. The role is essential in helping establish and measure service level objectives for critical systems. In addition, SREs will continuously identify engineering and automation opportunities to effectively manage production systems at scale. An SRE will model a blameless culture through effective postmortems and a focus on minimizing impact felt from outages.
What a Typical Week Will Look Like
- Champion Site Reliability Engineering practices across IT organization
- Work with application and system SME’s to:
- Design highly scalable and resilient distributed systems
- Create and maintain Service Level Objectives to measure and manage critical services
- Analyze, troubleshoot and fix core infrastructure or critical systems when they fail or degrade
- Automate repetitive or manual system support tasks to reduce toil
- Lead technical postmortems to identify lessons learned and implement improvements
- Partner with technical teams and product owners to ensure resiliency work is developer-ready
- Design and execute failure injection tests to verify adequate system capacity and resiliency
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years application development and support experience
- Strong interest in monitoring, optimizing, scaling and troubleshooting large distributed systems
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information.
- Demonstrated experience influencing and selling new ideas to peers, leadership, and senior management
- Strong experience or working knowledge of end-to-end IT systems (REST services, asynchronous messaging, application runtime, relational and NoSQL databases, compute, storage, network, security, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience developing enterprise applications
- Demonstrated experience building SLO-based monitoring solutions
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills
- Experience with cloud native technologies
- Experience with chaos engineering tools and techniques
- Strong background in continue integration / continuous delivery solutions (CI/CD)
- Experience using:
- Prometheus, Thanos, VictoriaMetrics, Alertmanager and/or Grafana
- Docker, Compose, Stack, Swarm, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift
- APM solutions like AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, Datadog
- Tracing solutions – Jaeger, Zipkin, OpenMetrics, OpenTelemetry, Kiali
- Logging solutions based on EFK/ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Logstash, Kibana, Beats)
- Service mesh (Istio)
- Public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.