Our direct client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer (LAN/WAN) for a direct hire role at their HQ in Overland Park, Kansas.
Must have Experience designing and supporting large enterprise networks including data centers or call centers.
Prefer exp with someone who actively participates in DevOps or similar mindset CI/CD etc. Dev/Ops skills is a high priority! Client has 300 remote offices
Prefer local candidates,however, will consider non-local and pay some $$ for relo
No sponsorship Available
Will be working REMOTE temporarily, until COVID restrictions are removed
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant in depth technical knowledge in areas related to platform specific systems and/or network operations.
- Experience with configuring and supporting enterprise grade network equipment (routers, switches, load balancers, wireless, firewalls).
- Experience troubleshooting circuits.
- Experience designing and supporting large enterprise networks including data centers and call centers.
- This role will require On-call/afterhours work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of experience in senior network engineer role.
- Experience in designing and supporting cloud services.
- Experience with Software Defined Networks (SDDC & SDWAN).
- In depth knowledge of DNS/DHCP and Load Balancing technologies
- Actively participates in DevOps or similar mindset CI/CD etc..
- In depth experience with quality of service.
- Experience managing support contracts.
Works both independently and in a team environment to perform the tasks, duties and responsibilities of a Senior Network Engineer. Utilizes knowledge, skills, and abilities to manage communication equipment, systems, and services used by the company. Performs high-level analysis, makes recommendations, implements and supports communications in correlation with the facilitation and enhancement of day-to-day operations in the field and/or headquarter locations.
Requirements Gathering, Design and Implementation (35%):
- Install, configure, test and maintain Network infrastructure systems, application software and system management tools
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing accurate documentation steps for installation, maintenance and configuration activities.
- Manages team and small cross functional/departmental projects. Coordinates the successful execution of project activities. Assists and develops project presentation.
Technology Innovation: (30%):
- Drives automation, simplifies and consolidates Network platforms and processes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Actively participates in and drives vendor contract negotiations for areas of technology expertise
Process and Support (20%):
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Monitor and test Network architectures, identify possible solutions, and work with customers to implement those fixes
- Evaluates and responds appropriately to customer issues and requests. Handles highly complex issues without assistance. Escalates when necessary to appropriate team or individual to resolve.
- Provides 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Maintains platform related inventory and other hardware/software/license tracking documentation.
- Works complex incidents, performs troubleshooting, administers repairs. Drives team to meet team SLAs
Peer Leadership (15%):
- Actively coaches and mentor’s others, is openly considered a mentor by other team members
- May act as a team lead for key areas of expertise and drive key projects or ongoing operational functions
- Develops strategy/roadmap, identify and recommend new technology
- Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices. Proactively identifies opportunities to leverage technology, improve processes, and enhance vendor relations to reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Reviews service levels of deployed systems and processes in regards to reliability, availability, and customer satisfaction. Provides leadership with management, team members, and internal support groups to develop supporting strategies for improvement.
- Identifies opportunities to utilize technology to automate and streamline processes, simplify customer interaction, and improve service deliver. Presents recommendations to management for approval.
- Provides ongoing leadership of support for deployed technologies, systems, and processes according to established procedures and industry best practices. Formulates strategies and makes recommendations to management.