Our Direct Client is looking to hire a Lead Wireless Engineer- 5G.
Position : Lead Wireless Engineer- 5G
Location : Louisville CO 80027
Duration : 6 Months
Applicants should have an established track record of delivering results and a passion for innovation and challenging the norm. He or she will provide technical leadership in the areas of 4G/5G RRC, MAC, RLC, and PDCP layers as well as S1/NG and X2/Xn interfaces
and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and promote wireless access network protocol solutions tailored to converged wired and wireless network providers.
- Attend and follow 3GPP RAN2 and RAN3 meetings
- Participate in design and execution of innovation projects which explore novel approaches to wired and wireless E2E network convergence
- Translate broad business and strategic requirements into a set of actionable technical requirements driving architecture/technology decisions
- Develop and maintain industry relationships for standardization coordination and collaboration.
- A strategic thinker with broad experience in the wireless industry
- Expertise and experience in LTE and 5G NR 5G radio access protocol layers including RRC, MAC, RLC and above
- Hands-on device development experience via operator or vendor company
- Knowledge in 3GPP NR RAN and core specifications
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11 specifications
- Knowledge of 3GPP ecosystem and working processes
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi and LTE/5G interworking is a plus
- Knowledge in MSO cable network architecture and HFC plant is a plus
- Hands on experience developing proof of concept working models and demonstrations
- Hands on simulation experience using MATLAB, ns-2/3, C, python is a plus
- Ability to perform and deliver, individually or collaboratively, with minimum supervision
- Master’s degree in computer science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree
- 7+ years of experience in mobile network engineering and standards work for a mobile network vendor or operator
- 3GPP RAN2 and/or RAN3 experience required
- Experience in client-facing and vendor management roles