We have a Contract opportunity with one of our major clients, located in Dulles, VA. They are looking for Software Dev Engineer II for one of their important projects.
Software Dev Engineer II
Location: Dulles, VA 20166
Duration: 12+ months contract / Contract to hire
The Software Engineer performs creating the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and sub-programs, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Duties include designing applications, writing code, developing and testing and debugging and documenting work and results.
- Exercise good technical expertise and strong business skills, and lead the team in delivering data warehouse solutions.
- Warehouse Design - Work with the Architects to understand and implement a solid, extensible warehouse design that supports the new analytics requirements.
- Lead, participate in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Warehouse/Analytical Reporting.
- Prepare Technical Design / Specifications; develop routines for data extraction and loading.
- Analyze and determine the impact of technology capabilities and limitations, translate high level design to detailed design specifications, develop, test and deploy code/application in various environments.
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
- Perform effort estimation for various Data Warehouse activities; meet project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets.
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of related recent industry experience or Masters degree in Master of Science in Computer Science or relevant work expereicne.
- 1-5 years of experience in Production Environment.
- Core Java
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Data Engineer
- Spark (Nice to have)
- Good knowledge or hands-on experience with Datawarehouse and ETL tools
- Experience with any Database technologies (Ex: Oracle, Netezza, MySQL)
- Knowledge of ANSI SQL
- Knowledge and experience of working with large scale databases
- Knowledge and experience of Unix (Linux) Platforms
- Understanding of “Big Data” Technologies (Hadoop, MR, Hive, HBase, Pig)
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
Desirable skills (nice to have/optional):
- Open Source and Commercial off the Shelf ETL Tools (Ex: Kettle )
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Knowledge of columnar databases
- Knowledge of development lifecycle process/Agile development
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) practices and programs
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.