Our Direct Client in Boston, MA is hiring a Chief Operations Officer for an exciting and challenging full-time role.
The client's cloud platform, built in partnership with broadband service providers, aims to deliver a global public cloud platform enabling the next generation of scale applications from targeted industry verticals. This is a fast-paced environment, with quick decisions and quicker action, requiring dynamism in our employee base. Having a Rockstar COO is a critical component of the company’s success.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- As Chief Operating Officer (COO) you will be responsible for overseeing the entire operational stack delivering highly reliable platform services. Besides operating a global network which reaches into Service Provider Networks, you will be responsible for Data Centre Operations and Infrastructure Management as well as Application Management (for Cloud Native Applications). Your responsibilities include all disciplines of Service Management to deliver Infrastructure-as-a-Services as well as Platform-as-a-Service to our customers.
- As we are aggressively growing & building out our Infrastructure and Platform, you will be involved and responsible for the efficient and effective rollout of Infrastructure as part of our end-to-end supply chain. Operating a global platform and delivering IaaS and PaaS services to our customers, Security, Data Protection and Compliance operating in across different countries is significant.
- You will be fully responsible for setting up & establishing the according frameworks and leveraging existing ones (where it makes sense) to fulfill these high marks.
- You will own the approach and strategy and budget for operations, while you continue to grow a global team across all operational disciplines.
- We are seeking a highly versatile senior industry executive with a strong background in Internet Service Provider networks and Public Cloud and Edge Computing, with a demonstrable and successful track record of operating global infrastructure and complex edge systems and applications.
- This role will be responsible for hands-on attention, customer communications when needed, and technical and operational vision within the Operations Organization.
Skill Set & Personality
- Responsible for overall operations vision, mission, and objectives
- Own all operational functions according to Service Management Frameworks like ITIL
- Own all operations support systems to run the business effectively, owning the budget and headcount associated with the global function and team
- Communicate and evangelize the vision and mission of the firm as it relates to Operations
- Ensure disaster recovery and backup continuity across the stack, working closely with Engineering; appropriately direct availability management, capacity management, and event and fault and log management to ensure appropriate service models
- Owning fulfillment of Service Levels for our platform services, as well as definition of those together with Sales and Product Management
- Own Tier I support (customer facing NOCs/SOCs), Tier II (Infrastructure and Network and Application Staff) and Tier III support – including Security Operations, Technology Operations, Network Operations, 24/7 NOCs in multiple locations
- Create and operate the appropriate tooling and systems and support for functions around application management, availability management, capacity management, event and fault and log management, analytics and performance management.
- Evolve and up-level the team, providing appropriate training and skill sets as we grow
- Work with our owner company as appropriate to leverage their resources, provide transparency, and establish best in breed models for start-up environments
- Communicate with customers as needed, both in a professional services context as well as in an incidence response context
- Act as a member of the executive team, participating in strategic discussions and exercises to grow the business as required
Competencies & Requirements:
- Track record of success in start up and highly agile environments, being a thought leader and operational leader
- Track record of building up (as well as turning around organizations into) a highly efficient operations organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills – your reputation precedes you
- Flexibility & demonstrated abilities to work in a complex multi-cultural and multi-national environment (comfortable on a plane and in different geographies)
- Passionate customer advocacy – stand up for customers balancing what’s” right”
- Thorough knowledge of operational principles, including appropriate frameworks and standards like ITIL and SAFe and ISO
- Strong understanding of the Cloud and Edge Compute market and landscape
- Entrepreneurial spirit & previous work in start-ups
- 10+ years’ experience in Operations
- 10+ years’ experience of senior leadership
- Experience in the cloud space or edge compute space (with a focus on infrastructure)
- Up-to-date knowledge on relevant industry trends, technologies, and companies
- Highly adept in discussing cloud-based technologies and solutions
- Knowledge of Automation & Prediction techniques & technologies in the infrastructure area
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
• All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
• Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
• Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,