Our Direct Client is looking to hire a Software Architect.Position : Software Architect.
Location : Arlington, VA 22201
Full Time Permanent Hire Role
As a Software Architect, you will oversee the development, design, user interface, technology integration, and site architecture management. You will work with clients while managing technology teams from definition phase through implementation.
What are we looking for in you?
Strong experience implementing system architecture using best practices around agile project management and delivery, managing teams, and working with clients and stakeholders to understand requirements. This includes project management, architectural reviews, code reviews, design reviews, coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system
Do you have the following?
- Responsible for defining, maintaining, and supporting the architecture
- Responsible for design, development, and team leadership over the project
- Experience working in an Agile methodology, supporting various project teams developing and maintaining the program
- Developing a conceptual and technical design including use of Object-Oriented techniques.
- A deep understanding of Object-oriented (OO) design principles to architect and create custom software solutions or modify package solutions
- Translate the client’s business requirements into systems design and document them
- Experience working with the client's IT organization to establish technology strategy at an application level
- Work with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to deliver software solutions
- Established high, mid and micro level plans and set technical direction for a large team
- Lead the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
- Mentor team members
- Minimum 8 years in systems integration and development, package implementation, and/or interactive design
- Minimum 5 years design and architecture experience with major Java technologies, such as Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with database (both SQL and NoSQL) and data structure design
- Experience with data access frameworks like SpringDAO or Hibernate
- Experience with front-end development workflows using Git, Node.js/npm, and React or Angular
- Experience with API definition tools such as Swagger
- Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java (JDK 8 or above) technologies including JSP, JSF, and Spring framework
- Demonstrates ability to implement micro services using java frameworks such as Spring
- Understanding and creation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery pipeline using automated code scanning and integration testing frameworks
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multi-task teams.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud hosted environments like AWS is desired, including deployment automation and server orchestration
- Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing)
- Experience successfully delivering a solution using an agile or iterative SDLC
- Experience leading a technology current state assessment for IT systems and defining and presenting new solutions to meet the client’s future state needs
- Experience with enterprise search engine such as SOLR or ElasticSearch is a plus
- Ability to work with key owners and stakeholders to document requirements
- Proven leadership skills to independently manage a team of work with up to 10 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle