Role: Senior/ Lead Developer (Java Full-Stack)Location: Arlington, VADuration: Full TimeStart Date: ASAPPublic Trust Clearance Required------------------------------------------
What are we looking for in you?
The Senior/lead software developer will be responsible for defining the application architecture, managing the development teams, validating designs, supporting estimations, adhering to project development processes and best practices around agile project management and delivery, implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices, working with clients and stakeholders to understand the requirements and how they will be implemented and managing team members. This will include designing technical solutions, coding solutions, performing unit testing, conducting code reviews and design reviews, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system.Do you have the following?
- Responsible for providing technical oversight for a development team with 2 to 6 members
- Design technical solutions based on the business requirements and the existing architecture of a large and complex system
- Establish high, mid and micro level plans and set technical direction
- Work with the project manager in the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
- Conduct hands on development activities using Agile methodology for Java based service oriented large and complex system
- Develop conceptual and technical design including use of Service Oriented Architecture
- Conduct Java application development/coding activities
- Document technical design as well as other technical documents based on project’s compliance requirements.
- Work with the client's IT organization to ensure compliance with IT guidelines and polices
- Participate in and encourage interactive discussion during technical design and code reviews
- Mentor junior team members
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required meeting quality / time to market imperatives.
Nice to haves:
- Minimum 8 years in systems integration and development, package implementation, and/or interactive design
- Minimum 4 years design and architecture experience with major Java technologies, such as Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding and experience with patterns and techniques such as Micro services, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Design among others.
- Experience in design, development, & production support for projects using Java / Spring based Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
- Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java technologies and SOA
- Experience with supporting federal security requirements for enterprise applications
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multi-task teams.
- Experience successfully delivering a solution using an agile or iterative SDLC
- Experience with Object Oriented Technologies
- Ability to work and coordinate with key owners and stakeholders
- Proven leadership skills to independently manage a team of work with 2 to 6 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with workflow and document management solutions is a plus.
- Experience with migrating to cloud environment like AWS is a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps is a plus.
- Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites is a plus.
- Experience with API definition tools such as Swagger is a plus
- Experience with front-end development workflows using Git, Node.js/npm, Gulp, and Bower is a plus.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost-effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.