Role: Principal Systems Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12 months contract
Start Date: ASAP
Must pass a background/drug screen
The Performance Engineering Systems Specialist will take the lead on managing production system hardware escalations for our server fleet of Linux servers in a heterogeneous hardware environment. You will interact with internal business units and team members to manage, prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve systems deployment and production impacting issues and emergencies in a timely manner. You will work with vendors to track and document on-going hardware issues and plans to resolutions, along with systems components software and firmware fixes. You will work remotely with data center staff to assist in troubleshooting escalations as needed.
Intimate knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating environments, server hardware and components is a must for this position. We are looking for highly skilled personnel with good troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills. Must have previous experience analysing, administering and supporting complex heterogeneous production server environments.
- B.S./MS.C. Computer Science or other related areas
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong hands-on Linux server infrastructure support and administration experience. * Experienced with large-scale server deployments, installation and support
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current hardware trends, components and performance.
- Experienced in OS/SW/HW analysis and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and understanding of large scale network and storage concepts, architecture, and operations best practices.
- Experienced with at least one scripting language
- Experienced with various system analysis tools (netstat, iostat, vmstat, top, strace, ktrace/kdump, gdb)
- Able to lead meetings and communicate with colleagues and team members of varying technical expertise.
- Experienced with standard IT practices including ticket processing and change control.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost-effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.