Our direct is looking to hire a Sr. Software Manager, Full Time Direct Hire in Houston, TX
Client will consider non-local candidates and offer some relocation.
This role is 75% Managerial and 25% Technical (no coding, being able to look at bad architecture and make suggestions ).
Must have prior exp working in a commercial software environment!
Must have experience with direct reports and worked in a Microsoft .NET environment.
7+ years of Hands-on Software Management exp (this is not a Project Manager role)
Bachelors degree or above is required.
Must have working knowledge of .net, C# to be able to have the technical chops to identify bad architecture.
NICE TO HAVE: Cloud experience, particularly SaaS and PaaS
Our direct client is seeking a seasoned software development manager to lead and manage a team of engineers and software developers focused on delivering cutting edge video processing software and security products.
This individual will be responsible for providing technical oversight and direction for our enterprise VMS, Web, and mobile clients. This role entails active participation in eliciting requirements for the product in alignment with the overall business direction, as well as responsibility for strategic decisions related to new technologies, architecture, and process improvement.
Onsite Role Monday – Friday
Location: Houston, TX
Relocation help if not local
- Perform planning and coordination activities, ensuring process adherence and managing resources for on-time delivery of planned software releases with quality.
- Ensure teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, project plans, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively, and actively manage teams to remain on target to meet project timelines.
- Monitor, track, and report the status of projects to senior management, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to provide guidance for implementation of test cases and quality improvement processes to ensure coverage of all scenarios and delivery of the product with high quality.
- Understand the domain, architecture, products, and software applications to influence implementation decisions and improve usability of the system.
- Serve as the technical lead for discussions with customers, as well as with other R&D teams within and outside the organization.
- Provide oversight of customer Beta installations and deployments, working in conjunction with Support personnel within the organization. Manage key and strategic customer installations directly, or in conjunction with Support, including onsite troubleshooting, as required, to ensure a successful deployment and rollout.
- Contribute both feature and technology direction to product roadmaps that aligns to the strategy of Sales and other stakeholders, meets the future needs of customers, and defines solutions for challenges that may be encountered in the Video and Security industry.
- Work as mentor within the organization helping staff to resolve problems both technical, as well as human resources, in nature.
- Perform managerial tasks such as tracking and approving vacation and personal time off, establishing performance goals and objectives, as well as monitoring the performance of direct reports and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Identify new areas of growth in related verticals and explore opportunities for synergy by leveraging existing software architecture in fulfilling the security needs for those verticals and markets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- Manage direct reports of 6 – 10 .Net/C# Software Engineer
- Should have prior experience Managing .Net Software Engineers Has prior experience Managing IT commercial / consumer software side of the house
- Candidate must have at least 4 years of proven experience working through the design, development, release-cycle delivering product to market.
- Experience developing Microsoft .NET applications, web clients, and mobile applications.
- Ability and willingness to dive into software and technical issues during design and development stages, as well as during troubleshooting of customer issues.
- Strong understanding of the Product Development life-cycle.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Manage, evaluate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills in engaging global cross-functional technical teams, as well as building and developing offshore and onsite development teams.
- A proven record for successful delivery of software systems in a similar role.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product and program management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication
Nice to Have:
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services, and processes.
- Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking skills. Good planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Thorough, with careful attention to detail.
- Experience with video management systems, access control, and integration with related products, as it pertains to video surveillance and security is a strong plus.
- Experience with software development related to image and video processing is a strong plus.
- Enterprise application development experience preferred.
NICE TO HAVE: Cloud experience, particularly SaaS and PaaS
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.