Software Engineer II (Java Developer)
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90045Duration: Full Time
In-Person Interview Required
The primary role for this position will be to work on the development of back-end applications and components and the integration with third party systems. The ideal candidate must be a skilled Java developer with experience in web application development, full life-cycle application development and systems integration. He/She will work with peers on the development of large scale systems that support other businesses in the digital content area. The role will primarily be focused on development and delivery of projects. This entails architecture, coding, unit testing, bug fixing and assistance in the deployment to production as well as maintenance knowledge transfers. The Java Software Engineer is expected to communicate with members of the Technology group by providing status, identifying and raising issues and participating in planning activities.Responsibilities:
- Write Java code for internal application development
- Write and execute unit tests using the JUnit framework
- Apply and help refine coding standards
- Gather requirements from business users for application development projects
- Create required documentation including low-level design documents, User Interface wireframes and simple UML diagrams
- Ownership of the implementation and delivery of small or mid-size features
- Design small features or implement more complex features as designed by technical lead
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Increase expertise in the areas of development related to the assigned projects
- Identify and address issues independently
- Fix bugs and provide support for business and maintenance teams
- Refactor existing code base and improve overall quality of code
- Perform knowledge shares
- Proactively improve development processes
- Participate in the establishment of best practices
- 3+ years experience with java-based web application
- 3+ more years experience with Java, J2EE (e.g. servlet/jsp)
- 3+ years experience with RDBMS, JDBC, and writing SQL queries
- 2+ years of experience with XML related technologies (XML, XSL, JAXP)
- 2+ years experience of object modeling, analysis and design
- 2+ years experience with web application development using MVC technologies (e.g. Struts, Spring MVC)
- 2+ years experience using source control systems (e.g. Perforce, CVS, Subversion, etc…)
- 2+ years experience utilizing JUnit and other testing frameworks
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering both consumer facing web based solutions and intranet/extranet type applications for internal users and partners
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Experience using Linux or UNIX-variant operating systems
- Experience with advanced web UI technologies (e.g. AJAX)
- Experience with Oracle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with ORM technologies, data modeling
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience developing applications for online retailers (including payment transactions).
- Experience developing shell or Perl scripts
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.