|Our direct client is seeking to hire a SQL Server Developer to join their growing team for a full-time opportunity in Atlanta (Midtown location).
** Must live in Atlanta or have a reason to move to Atlanta (Client will not pay for relo expenses or onsite interviews)
Do you live, eat and breathe SQL? Do you want to develop and evolve applications using SQL that help provide mobility and transportation to millions of people and contribute to greener, less communities?
Bring your experience and talents to a team of 160+ professionals located in Atlanta, Denver, Ireland and Australia dedicated to delivering intelligent transit solutions to over 600 communities across the world. Our solutions allow transit agencies to provide public transportation and para-transit services for the elderly, disabled and veterans. We believe in mobility for all while reducing traffic and the carbon footprint.
- Gorgeous Office Space in Midtown Highrise
- Fast growing, small company (170+ employees)
- Plenty of opportunity to work with new technologies and training available
- Company is passionate about technology and looking to hire upbeat, friendly employees!
- Stock options and generous benefits plan
- Paid parking or public transportation reimbursement
- Family atmosphere with company and team events
SQL Server Developer to join our Core Product Team and develop new and improve existing database-driven applications. This is a great opportunity for someone that loves to work with SQL to solve challenging problems and find solutions to complex scenarios. You will work in a fairly large database landscape with a focus on performance tuning, optimization, new development, maintenance and upgrades. As part of an agile team, you will contribute by completing clear and specific tasks as part of managed sprints while also to having some freedom to exercise creativity in problem solving to continue the sustainability of our solutions.
The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of experience developing SQL Server applications and substantial experience with conceptual and logical data modeling in large-scale environments, designing normalized, generalized operational (OLTP) data models, designing robust ETL processes according to best practices in complex environments, operational process modeling and use-case based walkthrough, Transact-SQL and debugging complex stored procedures.
As a SQL Server Developer, your responsibilities include
Skills and experience required for success
- 100% focus on the database aspects of our product suite
- New development, maintenance and upgrades in a fairly large, complex database environment
- Analyze and optimize performance
- Create stored procedures and triggers
- Provide root-cause analysis of issues, debug errors and make changes as necessary
- Support, maintain and enhance current solutions
- Collaborate with technical and business stakeholders on providing the best technical solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years as a SQL Server Developer (this is not DBA, Reporting or BI work)
- Substantial experience in conceptual and logical data modeling in large-scale environments
- Substantial experience in designing normalized, generalized operational (OLTP) data models
- Substantial experience in designing robust ETL processes according to best practices in complex environments
- Substantial experience in operational process modeling and use-case based walkthrough
- Substantial experience with Transact-SQL and debugging complex stored procedures
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong consultative ability
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and methodologies spanning development, testing, release and deployment management.
- Microsoft certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be able to read and comprehend fairly complex technical documents.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work with complex, integrated solutions
- Ability to work independently and with limited oversight
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an innovative, inventive and curious nature
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
• All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
• Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)