Our Direct Client in Cerritos, California is hiring a Network Engineer for a Full -time role
The Network Engineer II is responsible for administration, monitoring and supporting all aspects of the network including, software, and hardware, LANS, WANS, telecommunications systems, and their components. The role will identify and proactively respond to highly complexity system problems. This role designs and creates network systems and architectures. The role troubleshoots and corrects complex sometimes ambiguous problems that affect operation of the environment. In addition, this role will analyze current processes and procedures for possible improvement. The Network Engineer II is the primary IT contact for business units and provides escalation response for issues. This position will also develop and maintain documentation of assigned environment.
Network Engineering - Knowledge of the architecture and typology of network, software, and hardware, including LANS, WANS, and telecommunications systems, their components and associated protocols and standards, and how they operate and integrate with other systems.
- Review existing technologies for vendor support and end-of-life information
- Contribute to defining systems and creating architectures
- Contribute to designs, implementation, integrations, and testing of network technologies
- Support the deployment, operations, and maintenance of network technologies.
- Contribute to identifying migration path needs
Technical Support - Ability to understand internal/external customer technologies and problem resolution techniques.
- Support deployment and implementation services of Cisco Unified Communications solutions including Cisco UCS, Unified Communications Manager/CME, Unity Connection/Express, UCCX, Presence, Cisco Jabber, Emergency Responder, Expressway, WebEx and various IP and Video endpoints.
- Combine data, voice, and video traffic on a single network. Conduct analyses to ensure productivity improvement and functionality of mobility products associated with convergence. Perform complex technical analysis of Voice communication services utilizing IP devices.
- Administer, monitor and support all aspects of the network environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of routine techniques, skills, equipment, and procedures
- Apply knowledge to identify and proactively respond to medium complexity problems
- Develop and maintain documentation of assigned environment
- Troubleshoot and correct medium to high complexity problems that affect operation of the environment
- Serve as technical liaison with vendors
- Provide support to conduct analysis, prepare reports, and work on project implementation
- Provide support, troubleshoot, Install and Configure routers, switches
- Provide support, troubleshoot, Install Unified Communications and related technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- Excellent customer service skills
- 2+ years of experience in engineering and supporting large, carrier grade, multisite network deployments required
- Expert-level experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Version 9.x or higher) required
- 2+ years of working experience with cisco unity, jabber, and contact center required
- 2+ years of experience with deploying and supporting collaboration tools using integrated voice, video, and data architectures required
- Familiar with database concepts and client/server concepts
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in an enterprise business environment
- Current CCNP and/or Voice certification required
- Functional knowledge of core networking concepts required
- Outstanding technical documentation skills
- Working knowledge and experience in layer 3 routing protocols: RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP required.
- Advanced Knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet technologies, IP routing and routing protocols, multicast, Unix/Linux systems, network security technologies and carrier network architectures
- Skilled with Campus Core, WAN Routing and Switching
- Skilled with Packet Analysis and network monitoring tools
- Strong hands on technical knowledge in Cisco Unity and Call Center Express
- Advanced technical knowledge of PSTN, VoIP, T1/PRI, MPLS, and systems inter-connectivity
- Strong technical knowledges in H.323, SIP, & MGCP
- Experience with software vendors such as Micro-call, Calabrio, and Akkadians are preferred
- Experience with telecom/data carrier provisioning, billing, and troubleshooting procedures
- Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and security practices
- 2+ years of experience supporting a multi-facility environment
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels within an organization
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.