Atrilogy Solutions Group's direct client in Orange, CA
is searching for a Cisco Network Engineer
to join their team on a contract to hire basis. Our client is searching for an engineer who has worked with routers, switches
& some firewalls
knowledge amd OSPF & BGP routing protocols
- The Network Engineer should have approximately 6 -10 years’ experience in network operations.
- The candidate should have an understanding of data networking technology including, routers, switches, firewalls and distributed applications systems running on Microsoft operating systems.
- Knowledge of telephony network, such as SIP, PRI’s and TDM based telephone switches is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco SRND/SAFE (Security architectures for the enterprise) and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and other open source software to include BIND and Nessus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (MS Azure, AWS)
- Familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
- Experience with Cisco/Asterisk VoIP platforms, including Call Manager, Unity, Contact Center. Knowledge of voice TDM technologies is also very useful.
- Experience with Cisco/Aruba Unified Wireless technology
- Experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 9500/9300,6800, 6500, 4500, ISR G2, Firepower, AMP, Meraki wireless, ACE/GSS, ASA, IPS/IDS, TACACS+, CUCM, Anyconnect, APEX, ISE, ACS.
- Advanced knowledge of IOS, GRE, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Knowledge of network management systems.
- Experience with various Network Equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load balancer), Servers (Windows/Linux/Unix), VM environment, Voice/data Circuits and other telecommunication services.
- Working experience with ticketing systems – Altiris
- Technical aptitude in an enterprise IT environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills a must
- Result driven individual who enjoys working in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to complete individual tasks and deliverable within project timelines
- Capable of working independently with little supervision or direction
- Excellent operations, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills
- Direct Knowledge / Experience of Enterprise level Data Center Services
- 3-5 years of working experience in a large-scale network operations environment
- Enterprise Monitoring Tools experience in Microsoft System Center, Visual Networks/FLUKE Uptime, CA e-Health, SIM, SolarWinds etc.
- Strong understanding of network technologies: TCP/IP, VLAN’s, VXLAN, OTV, VPC, Ethernet, POE, VPNs, MPLS
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 6-10 years’ experience in network operations
- Cisco certifications (CCNP or higher)
*Candidates who do not currently possess the CCNP certification, but meet all other minimum requirements, may be considered for this position.
Responsibilities include planning and designing the network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions; troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems and providing Tier III support. Also, analyzes capacity issues and develops capacity planning models. Responsible for ensuring planned maintenance activities are executed and for developing network security guidelines.
Specific Job Functions:
- Planning: Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
- Network System Design and Implementation: Designs and implements network systems.
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Network Connectivity: Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Network Installation: Plans and monitors the installation of network systems.
- Network Monitoring: Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
- Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Issue Resolution: Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems.
- Familiarity with a Change Control process that includes proper planning, testing, notification, implementation, and documentation.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Network Performance Assessment: Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
- Vendor Management: Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds, Wireshark, Fluke Performance Monitor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with SAWS staff and the general public.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Great people skills are a must!
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
- All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
- Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta