Our Direct client in Anaheim, California is hiring an HL7 Interface Engineer via long term contract or contract to hire for our client's conversion from ConnectR to Orion Rhapsody.
- This will be a senior role, requiring at least 5 years experience ad an HL7 Engineer or Analyst
- Ideally the candidate will have Rhapsody and Allscripts Touchworks experience
- Experience troubleshooting interface engine and resolving errors
- FHIR API Experience preferred
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exercise leadership role with Information Services (IS) staff. Provide direction to staff regarding work performance and business operations; mentor junior staff. Train new IS staff in system functions and operations. Ensure IS staff is cross-trained on multiple applications and systems, as required.
- Exercise leadership role with internal and external information services clients. Work with leadership and staff to review existing policies, procedures, and practices and to develop best practices that take advantage of information technologies and systems. Keep informed regarding healthcare trends and opportunities afforded by emerging technologies.
- Problem solving and analysis: utilize effective and creative problem solving techniques within standard information systems best practices to develop quality solutions and resolve problems.
- Develop code: Analyze, design, develop, and maintain computer applications, interfaces, and/or reports and database files using standard programming conventions.
- Documentation: Create and maintain development-related documentation such that features and functionality are well documented and communicated. Documentation allows for the continuation of functions by other programmer analysts when the assigned primary programmer is unavailable. Documentation is kept up to date and is readily available.
- Change Management: Utilize best practices for change management processes and communication, so that the highest levels of system stability and reliability are maintained.
- Act as a mentor to the application staff in the department and a liaison between the application staff and the database, technology delivery, and decision support teams.
- System configuration and testing: configure, develop, and execute test plans to ensure optimum system performance.
- Project Management: function as a technical lead to project teams, guiding effective use of resources to deliver effective solutions.
- Utilize performance improvement: Notice abnormalities and communicate them right away. Follow standard work and work with team to continuously improve standards.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Demonstrates age appropriate verbal and written communication skills for the population served.
- Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
- Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Observes and complies with Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
- Is familiar with HIPAA regulations and standard.
- Requires bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant experience in excess of five (5) years or appropriate certifications.
- Minimum of 7 years of interface build experience.
Desired but not required certifications include Coding, PM, Allscripts Advance Interface, Software engineering, Systems and Networking
- Requires a minimum of seven years of hands-on experience with programming applications, interfaces, and/or report writing.
- Must have experience and a good understanding of healthcare systems (practice management, managed care, EMR, or clinical operations).
- Workflow knowledge of Meditech, TouchWorks, Quest, LabCorp, MedQuest, EBiz, ConnectR
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (specifically, Excel, Word, and Visio).
- Must have strong programming experience with MUMs, Shell, Perl, VB, XML, and SQL
- Working knowledge of HL7, X12, EDI standards, communication protocols, TCP/IP, DICOM, UAI, .Net, ASP, and Object Oriented Tools preferred
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Strong technical skills needed, including programming, systems analysis, and design and testing.
- Has a thorough understanding of application development, including analysis, coding, testing, project management, and project life cycle methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with healthcare information systems (either business or clinical or both).
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; strong math skills.
- Ability to lead work teams consisting of cross-department resources.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Improving Performance: The IS Department does our work using Toyota Production System methodologies in a culture of continuous improvement.We view every member of our team as a problem solver, empowered to recognize and communicate problems and identify new and better ways to do our jobs that eliminate waste and increase value for our customers and users of IT.
- Seven years of healthcare information systems experience applying analytical methodologies, with specific experience with code design and development, interfaces, and report writing with GE and/or Allscripts products.
- Five years of experience in a health system that included supervisory or managerial responsibilities is desired.
- Proven experience with building and maintaining Document, ADT, Orders, Result, Dictation, Scheduling, Dictionary, Charge, and Conversion Interfaces.
- Steward of HL7 Standards and Dataflow mapping in a cross-platform system is a must.
- HL7 Data Conversion Mapping and SSIS package knowledge is desirable.
- Must have experience with IDX SUI and ConnectR interface engines.
- Project Management skills, ability to successfully manage multiple client interface builds simultaneously.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.