• The Lodging Data Services team is looking for a talented database developer capable of implementing unit tests for stored procedures for OLTP database solutions that power our award-winning family of interactive travel products. Our databases support the server architecture that form the backbone of our product in connection with customers, payment systems and other central reservations systems around the world. Our systems are designed to handle high volumes of daily transactions and perform in a real-time 24x7 environment so robustness, scalability, and reliability are critical.
• Implement robust and thorough unit tests for OLTP database stored procedures using Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Help evaluate other third-party products as long-term alternatives to Visual Studio.
• Assist with the resolution of code defects.
• Experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2016, System Management Studio, and Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.
• Extensive knowledge of Transact-SQL, transactions, error handling, etc.
• Ability to read/write schema/data models and utilize related tools (PowerDesigner is a plus).
• Experience with performance tuning and analyzing query execution plans.
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to detect and correct problems within SQL scripts.
• Experience with .Net technologies. Java may be helpful for evaluating other products.
• Familiarity with source code management and version control concepts (experience with Perforce a plus).
• A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is preferred.
• Some demonstrated experience using the required technologies.
• Associate: Junior level resource with some basic experience