Our Direct Client in Bellevue, WA is Hiring and Oracle DBA for an 18 month Contract Opportunity.
General Responsibilities: Administer the largest and/or most complex systems. Works on all phases of systems administration including, definition, design, implementation, and testing. Identify and solve complex systems administration problems. Determine how to use resources to meet schedules and objectives. Ensure accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools. Established and maintain security and integrity controls. Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management. Propose and implement enhancements to improve the performance and reliability of the system. Mentor others as necessary. Contribute to and/or lead tactical planning, building annual business plans, writing documentation, following procedures, and supporting other team members as assigned.
Summary of Duties:
The Database Administrator’s role is to install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software. Works in support of a Business Intelligence initiative in a 24x7x365 Production and Lab environment.
• Graduated from an accredited institution with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field plus three years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position OR any combination of higher education and experience directly related to the essential functions/duties totaling seven years.
• Prefer at least 3+ years maintaining Oracle production OLTP/OLAP databases and applications; experience with installing and maintaining Oracle databases and applications; proficiency in Linux/Unix Shell scripting; proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL programming. Would prefer 2+ years experience with Oracle 11g, 11gR2 RACusing ASM.
• Also prefer experience with Oracle 12c, Oracle Streams or Materialized Views.
• Also prefer, but not required, experience working with Business Intelligence principles, applications and tools, and working knowledge of dataset and application backup and cloning.
• In-depth experience with Installation/Upgrade/Patching with OBIEE (on Exalytics & Exadata).
• Experience with Oracle OBIEE tools, Data Warehouse administration, ETL & OLAP Databases
• Experience in Partitions, Sub Partitions, Materialized Views, Bitmap Indexes, Parallel Execution
• Experience in understanding the PL/SQL code, provide recommendation for tuning the code
• Tasked with continuous re-evaluation of the database architecture and capacity planning
• Participate as a member of a BI project team to design new products or enhancements to existing products.
• Lead troubleshooting of database performance tuning and connectivity issues, providing root cause analysis and future mitigation steps
• Good understanding of oracle Golden gate and experience in setting up bi-directional, two way and multi-tier replication is a plus.
• Expert knowledge of the tools and methodologies of data analysis, database administration and performance analysis and tuning.
• Knowledge of the availability, integrity, and security as well as performance management of various Oracle OLAP and reporting databases.
• Strong knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting database servers including Oracle RAC.
• Knowledge of data processing flowchart techniques.
• Knowledge of data privacy practices and laws.
• Experience with a team-oriented, collaborative environment with limited supervision.
• Current Oracle Database Administration Certification, preferably with an emphasis in Data Warehouse Administration.
• Skills with database tuning and troubleshooting.
• Skills at project management.
• Strong analytic skills.
• Strong aptitude and willingness to learn and master new technologies.
• Skills with technical documentation.
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
• Ability to provide excellent written and verbal communication with strong personal skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
• Ability to problem solve critical issues and also be proficient at troubleshooting production issues.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL candidates only unless you are willing to relocate on your own expenses. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta.