Atrilogy is working directly with one of our clients in Sacramento, CA to help them identify a Director of Electrical Engineering that will help them on their data center, hospital, and critical project build out initiatives.
We are able to offer a very competitive base salary along with a bonus structure, comprehensive medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k matching, and relocation assistance if applicable.
POSITION SUMMARY: BASIC FUNCTION
Supervise the in-house electrical design engineering staff, manage outsourced electrical design functions. This staff (in-house and contracted) designs the electrical portion of new data center projects; provides engineering support to the material procurement effort, provides technical support during construction; participates in commissioning of new data center phases; and supports critical facilities operations with system re-design where appropriate, incident management resources, system operating policies, maintenance programs, and equipment troubleshooting.
The Director - Electrical Engineering is a key member of the Critical Facilities Engineering team and a significant contributor to the Design/Build/Operate effort. This person will collaborate closely with the Chief Engineer, supervise the Electrical design team and work directly with the other discipline professionals and technical support individuals. Integral with this design role will be direct technical support for Construction, Commissioning and Critical Facility Operations.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with excellent communication skills and attention to detail while maintaining high quality standards with careful consideration of cost and feasibility factors. This person should possess engineering judgment to meet project requirements and objectives and be able to work well with a diverse interdisciplinary team focused on creating and maintain the best Data Center environments possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Group leadership/supervision role for design of electrical systems on multiple (possibly simultaneous) projects, including necessary calculations, drawings and specifications. Includes Conceptual Design, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Document efforts with the support of technical staff
- Supervise and provide Construction Administration services for ongoing construction projects
- Supervise and provide as-built drawings and other documentation for substantially complete projects
- Provide direct technical support to Critical Facilities Operations team including incident recovery assistance
- Coordinate and collaborate with other discipline professionals and project individuals
- Prepare project specific design work plans, schedules and budgets for CF Engineering (Electrical) resources.
- Attend and lead project team meetings
- Supervise and conduct code analysis reviews
- Supervise and conduct QA/QC reviews
- Keep electrical design and other project support on schedule and within budget
- Supervise and participate in commissioning activities for projects being placed in service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Skill to supervise and train a group of other engineers and technical professionals
- In depth knowledge of critical data center electrical equipment and design
- Thorough knowledge of National Electrical Code requirements and knowledge of related building codes and regulations including California Title 24, Life Safety, IBC, NFPA and OSHA.
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability
- Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods of data center equipment and facilities, with skill to incorporate best ideas into RDC designs
- Ability to develop and take new design concepts through detailed design, peer review, executive review, construction and operation
- Familiar with life cycle cost analyses. Ability to develop Total Cost of Ownership reports for procurement analysis, personnel and project budgeting processes
- In depth knowledge of electrical system components and design: electrical substations, UPS, switchgear, generators, transformers, power distribution equipment, protective relaying, fire alarm, intrusion alarm/security, electrical system controls, transfer switches, and lighting
- General understanding of Mechanical, Civil, Structural and Architectural design
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, Outlook, drafting software (ACAD and/or Revit), engineering software: Short Circuit/Coordination/Arc Flash (Power Tools, Etap, and/or others), load flow analysis, underground and overhead cable heating calculations, power utilization efficiency calculations
- Excellent verbal and written skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or Professional Engineer registration and ten years relevant data center experience)
- Professional Engineering license (with ability to get registered in multiple states)
- Minimum 10 years of experience with industrial and commercial electrical design (preference to data center or other specialized experience in Critical Facilities or other technically sophisticated project types)
- Experience directly related to data center design
- Direct experience with the construction, operation, or maintenance of data centers
- Experience with large scale technical operations
- Experience with vendor negotiation and management
- Experience with design/build projects
- Prior experience leading engineering project teams
- Experience with Revit and/or other BIM applications.
- Experience with other 3 dimensional modeling and graphic applications
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
- All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
- Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta.