|Our direct client is seeking to hire a Senior/lead Citrix Engineer for a full-time role at their HQ in Cincinnati, Ohio.
This is a healthcare employer and will consider Non-local candidates and pay for some relocation too.
Must have a high level of experience, prefer someone with almost an architectural mindset, who can evangelize those areas to management as well as bring best practices.
Monday-Friday (onsite work week)
Non-local candidates welcome to apply!
The Senior Systems Citrix Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide Virtual application and Desktop delivery infrastructure. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure high levels of availability and security of business applications across the enterprise. This individual is responsible for overseeing all virtual desktop and application provisioning and maintenance.
The Sr. Systems Engineer may perform the following duties:
- Development of long/short term vision, strategy, and roadmaps for desktop virtualization within the organization in support of key strategic initiatives and regulatory requirements. Works with outsourced vendors related to routine operations and adherence to SLA’s.
- Develops scalable, maintainable, economical, consistent, and highly available desktop virtualization platforms that meet stakeholder requirements and relevant service level metrics.
- Develops and executes strategies for desktop virtualization and application delivery optimized to minimize downtime, reduce cost, and address regulatory concerns.
- Designs redundant systems and policies for virtual desktop deployments in support of disaster recovery. Performs system tests of system configuration and backup/restore procedures to ensure recoverability from outages/errors.
- Develops and executes application testing process between analysts, end users, and system owners for both new application deployments and upgrades.
- Develops and reports VDI platform metrics related to performance, availability, capacity, regulatory compliance, and organizational SLA’s.
- Performs capacity planning analysis and other needs assessment to forecast future hardware requirements, licensing costs, and guide long term virtual application/desktop strategy as a key component of the overall TCHHN IT strategy.
- Oversees and develops all virtual application/desktop related change control processes and participates in the enterprise wide change advisory board (CAB).
- Maintains current knowledge of virtualization related topics, including emerging technologies, industry best practices, and regulatory/compliance related concerns. Develops and implements best practices to ensure uptime and stability and reduce risk.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure VDI platform security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and periodic security evaluations.
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, and troubleshoots hardware/software problems related to the Citrix platform and client access software.
- Oversees the virtual application/desktop operations team and ensures adherence to service level agreements regarding virtualized application availability, performance, and security.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area and/or at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Citrix CCP-V preferred CCP-N and/or CCE-V a plus
- VMWare VCP6 certification a plus
- MCSE certification a plus
- 7-10 years’ minimum experience as a Systems Engineer.
- 7+ years’ experience with Citrix virtualization; designing and implementing Virtualization architecture solutions
- 7+ years strong background in application virtualization, server virtualization, application networking and network Storage, VMWare.
- 7+ years of experience deploying applications on Microsoft Server 2008 through 2016 and/or Win 72-10 (32 and 64 bit platforms)
- 7+ years of experience managing active directory including creating and modifying group policies, administrating and supporting Active Directory environments and ensuring that security policies are correctly implemented.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with the creation and roll-out of Enterprise computing standards, including base image, login script, standard software configuration, and security compliant protocols.
Thorough knowledge of…
- Experience in EPIC Citrix deployment and support preferred. Experience deploying other applications in a healthcare setting a plus.
- Citrix Xenapp 6.5 and 7.6 LTSR, including provisioning services
- VMWare 6.0 & 6.5
- Windows Server 2008-2016
- Group Policy
- Office 365
- PKI/SSL Certificates
- Disaster Recovery
- Support of large, complex, or enterprise-wide solutions
- Working knowledge of Internet security, firewalls and protocols
- Knowledge of the various software packages included in Microsoft Office
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
- All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
- Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta.