This role will be responsible for developing a data and reporting quality strategy through agile custom development and data quality projects. This person will be a hands-on engineer responsible for mainly for data analysis and validation within the custom web applications, data warehouse, data marts and reports. The candidate should have the passion to analyze data patterns and find issues with data. S/he will perform data reconciliation to identify data anomalies, and prioritize data issues needing process re-engineering. The data analyst will partner with data solutions (DS) team and Business Intelligence (BI) team to deliver high quality solutions across the company.
The data analyst supports the business goals and objectives for the data warehouse team, the BI team, the IT organization, and the enterprise as a whole.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write SQL scripts to validate and compare data, as well as test the data quality.
- Use SSIS to automate data validation tasks.
- Develop and execute SQL scripts and procedures (manual and automated).
- Act as key point of contact for all data validation aspects.
- Apply industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure data quality goals are met.
- Successfully engage in multiple large initiatives simultaneously.
- Perform all types of data testing such as regression, performance, system, integration and smoke testing. Also, help users with UAT.
- Drive and challenge the BI, DS and development teams on their assumptions of how ready the software is for production.
- Own quality of the developed applications and their data through development sprints, to smoke testing after deployment.
- Collaborate with business analysts and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Enterprise systems delivery experience
- 4+ years of SQL programming
- 3+ years of SSIS experience
- 2+ years of agile methodologies
- 1+ years of QA experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management, organizational/prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
|Good to Have:
- Understanding of Health Plans/Clinic Operations/Medicare/Medicare/HEDIS/HCC
- Working in Healthcare with providers and clinicians using EMRs (e.g. eCW) and Care Management Platforms (e.g. TruCare).
- SmartBear, Selenium or other test automation tools
- - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; researches and finds relevant information and identifies key issues and relationships from a base of information; compiling data from a variety of sources and identifying cause-and-effect relationships; demonstrates attention to detail
- - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability: Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition: Aligns work with strategic goals.
- - Written, verbal or non-verbal means of expressing ideas effectively including adjusting language, terminology or the organization of concepts to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- - Performs tasks while focusing on all aspects of the task no matter how small; Checks all processes and tasks for accuracy; demonstrates vigilance in assuring completeness and accuracy of all work.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Acknowledgement: I have read the job description on the preceding pages for the Business Applications Analyst and I understand the requirements. I have the ability to perform all of the functions listed, or have advised management of any reasonable accommodations that need to be made. Furthermore, I understand that this is not to be construed as an employment contract of any duration.