Scope of Position
We are looking for an exceptional Network Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. We need someone with network and programming experience at Internet Scale; a person that will be an integral part of the Network Engineering team.
What will you do? Incorporates aspects of network and software engineering, and apply them to operations for the purposes of creating and maintaining a scalable, highly reliable and performant network.
We’re a lean and relatively flat team; everyone works on every aspect of the network - from architecture, automation, and design to implementation. We are looking for individuals with both strong network and programming background for our global production network.
- Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into availability and performance of our global network
- Create and leverage telemetry, analytics and learning pipelines to better monitor, measure, and debug the network
- Create and assist in the development of automation tools and processes that proactively monitor the health of the network, respond to events, and prevent their recurrences along with driving down time to resolution
- Create and leverage network tooling to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
- Create and leverage fully functional virtual network environments in AWS and OpenStack for testing, POCs, and CI/CD
- Create the SOP’s and automate repeatable operational work
- Responsible for identifying problem areas in a proactive way and developing solutions to meet the challenges of a global network
- Identify root cause of network incidents and failures, and deliver solutions for a permanent fix
- Design and implement both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solutions in AWS, Azure, and on-perm environments.
- POC new technologies to improve operational efficiency
- Serve as technical, engineering and operational subject matter expert for complex global network.
- Collaborate with Dev PODs in solving and fulfilling business needs
- Assist Automation team in creating and delivering automation systems required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our global network
- Strong working knowledge of all OSI Layers focusing on the network stack -TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, anycast concepts. In-Depth expertise of BGP
- Experience with IP network design at large scale, multi-vendor environments, including one or more of Junos, Arista, & Quagga/Bird/ExaBGP.
- 2 years experience with Scripting Languages. Python and BASH preferred.
- 2 years of Orchestration Tools Preferred (Ansible, SALT, Chef, Puppet. Etc..)
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies with Jenkins, TravisCI, and others software
- Familiarity with ELK (Elastic Stack), Splunk, Grafana, InfluxDB, and Kafka
- Experience implementing AWS and Azure network and application delivery services: application gateways, load balancers, CDN, VPN, ExpressRoute, Direct Connect, VPC, web application firewalls.
- Experience with version Control using Git, Github, and SVN
- Knowledge of current networking systems including routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, Content-aware load-balancers and all IP-based protocols.
- Visio diagramming and network documentation knowledge required.
- Proficient with Linux, open source projects, and version control knowledgeable in code tools, agile development frameworks, and best practices
- Working knowledge of OpenFlow protocol and SDN controllers (OpenDaylight, Ryu, OpenContrail)
- AWS, Azure, and OpenStack cloud networking experience
- Working knowledge of DevOps or SRE methodologies
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Progressive mindset, forward thinking, desire to make game changing transformations to non-optimal operational workflow.
- Willing to take ownership of complex problems and see them through to resolution
- Desire to provide mentoring to junior members of the team to improve time to productivity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and prioritize projects and establish schedules for their timely completion
- Resource oriented, with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment.
- Energetic and fast paced individual who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.