Experian is looking for a talented QA Engineer to help build our next cutting edge web application which will allow consumers to purchase a variety of Experian's products and services. The ideal candidate should be well rounded, self-motivated, experienced with multiple methods of testing incrementally delivered features and components. We are looking for someone prefers building automated tests, but also understands the need for some manual testing.
What does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses?
What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives?
At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics, credit reports, and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike. With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers.
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now. Experian’s Technology team is seeking a talented QA Engineer.
This role will be responsible for operational support including QA/UAT design, development and execution in an agile environment. The QA duties included developing and executing test plans, both automated and manual, performing user acceptance testing against Web and Mobile applications.
• Create test plans & test cases for assigned features
• Execute test cases & perform defect tracking/management
• Design & build automated regression tests from test cases using Cucumber framework
• Develop testing tools and resources to aid in testing effort
• Plan and run automation tests, integration tests, & regression tests
• Help define & lead the effort to implement quality requirements & processes
• Comfortable communicating with developers & other technical team members
• Participates in the full SDLC/Agile cycle engagements, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
• Perform UAT / regression testing for all enhancement and/or patch releases against documented specifications
• Perform UAT / regression testing against APIs, Web Services using internal and external tools, Web portals and reports
• Perform UAT / regression testing for iOS and Android on emulators and hardware devices
• Develop and execute test plans, test cases and client use-case
• Identify and report QA issues, workflow issues and other project risks to development team
• Evaluate overall test processes and produce regular progress updates
• Verification testing and patch validation to verifying expected changes were installed
• Evaluate system performance, reproduce issues and work with development to resolve identified problems
• Work closely with product managers and developers to understand the product roadmap and product specifications to help determine the right test strategy
• Tasks include evaluating daily test suites results, maintaining/updating automation tests, and improving regression tests/framework
• Review logs (via SPLUNK) and data analytics for the application and work with BI team to develop and validate analytics information based on business requirement
• Create and perform detail testing for Extracts, Source Independent Loads, and Post Load Processes of ETL Design
• Analyze business intelligence data and provide feedback/suggestions to improve business process by ETL changes
• Analyze live and historic data stored in DynamoDB, AWS RedShift, Aurora databases
• Create and maintain Business Intelligence reports
• Work with Business Users, Business Operations and Data Analytics team to define, create and validate data movement based on business requirement
• Ability to perform root cause analysis (RCA) across SDLC phases – Application layer, Database layer, ETL, Replication process, Web Services, UI (Front End), and wherever applicable
• Analyze, Enhance, and Monitor Control-M and Crontab jobs to schedule FTP, ETL, and Reporting tasks
• Experience in scripting/programming languages (Python, Perl, JAVA, C#, etc.)
• Experience working with automation testing frameworks (Selenium, Robot) and developing testing scripts
• Experience testing across multiple platforms (mobile, web, backend applications, etc.)
• Working knowledge of SQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, AuroraDB, AWS RedShift, Informatica PowerCenter, SSIS, IBM Cognos reporting, Splunk, Raw data within text, .csv, .xls/.xlsx, JSON, XML files, Jmeter
• Experience in testing enterprise level web applications, web services, databases, ETL processes, and highly scalable eCommerce architectures
• Experience with Agile testing practices, SDLC process, Business Intelligence processes, Business Operations, Data Analytics
• Understands deployment pipeline, continuous integration, and code coverage
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment and know when to ask for help
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS or Master’s in Computer Science or quantitative or related field preferred
• At least 5+ years of combined experience as a quality assurance analyst/engineer, BI analyst/engineer including applications development and testing utilizing the complete software development life cycle
• 3 years of experience with manual/automation required
• 3 years of experience with Behavior Driven Design preferred
• Functional UI/BI testing experience required
• IOS and Android testing experience required
• Experience with OO and MVC software/web/API dev experience strongly preferred
• Experience with Selenium, Postman dev experience