Atrilogy's direct Client is seeking a Performance Engineer - Mainframe Full Stack Engineer in Durham, NC for a 6+ months contract. The role is for a Performance Engineer with a background in Mainframe application development, performance tuning and capacity planning. You will use business and technical knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by developing complex stock plan services software applications on a mainframe platform running under a Z/OS environment.
Development Tools: COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, MQ, SQL and IBM Utilities (FIle-AID, Endevor, Abend-AID, Control-M)
Performance & Capacity:
• Reducing I/Os, CPU time, MSUs, MIPs with tools like Strobe, iStrobe, Platnium Detector, or TMON.
• Must have one of the following as well: IBM Rules Engine, Spring framework, UI Development, Java development, Web Services Development, or Deploying on Application Server (WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat) and CICD tools (Jenkins, Git, uDeploy).
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and six or more (6+) years of experience in the job offered or six or more (6+) years of experience as a technical lead in mainframe brokerage or stock plan services systems and application development.
• Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience as a technical lead in mainframe brokerage and stock plan services systems and application development.
The Skills You Bring:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) in defining, developing, and leading an interactive team to implement scalable application solutions.
• DE in mainframe application development, automation, and support, utilizing COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM, MQ-Series, and SQL
• DE in mainframe performance tuning and capacity planning, including ways to reduce I/Os, CPU Time, MSUs, and MIPs, using Strobe, iStrobe, Platinum Detector, and TMON
• DE in mainframe application development including: file format and comparison using File-AID; version management using Endeavor; debugging and unit testing using Intertest and Abend-AID; and job scheduling using Control-M
• DE in at least one of the following:
• Performing as a full stack engineer within an Agile team, including requirements gathering, development, and testing
• Defining and implementing application level architecture
• Developing applications on complex projects, components, and subsystems for the division
• Recommending development testing tools and methodologies and reviewing and validating test plans
• Being responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables
• Planning and conducting system testing
• Developing comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems
• Establishing full project life cycle plans for complex projects across multiple platforms
• Being responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget
• Advising on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects
• Planning and coordinating project schedules and assignments for multiple projects
• Acting as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various project/technology issues
• Providing technology solutions to daily issues and technical evaluation estimates on technology initiatives
• Performing independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several divisional initiatives
• Developing original and creative technical solutions to on-going development efforts
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please. No C2C on this role. No Subvendoring on this role.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
• All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
• Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
• Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.