Atrilogy's direct Client is looking for a Sr. Java Software Engineer in Westlake, TX on a 6+ month Contract. Our client is seeking a skilled Java Developer to play a vital role in developing the future-state of the SHARES product suite using ‘Agile’ practices. The SHARES application is the internal compensation application for shareholders allowing visibility into their holdings, and also provides administration capabilities for the business associates performing the related operations.
- Work directly with both SHARES technical and co-located business partners to develop maintainable software solutions that contribute to the overall product:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the product and business domain
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with the internal team, business partners, architecture, and external teams
- Actively participate in backlog grooming, planning sessions, daily scrums, retrospectives, and any other team meetings
- Lead research, solution, and design sessions
- Perform peer code reviews
- Build and maintain test automation components alongside our QA and Development team
- Promote process-improvement initiatives in an effort to maximize team velocity
- Proactively communicate and/or escalate issues and road blocks to the Track Lead, Project Manager, or Management
- Correct any unexpected results and/or vulnerabilities within the system and related processes
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior staff
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent training and experience.
- 8-10+ years software development experience
- 6-9+ years of Java/J2EE development experience
- 3+ years of experience in designing, development and implementation of SOA Java Web Services and Spring Framework.
- Experience in designing and developing Web Service, middle tier or backend solutions in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years of Web UI development experience
- Proficient in database development using Oracle and SQL
- 2+ years working in an Agile/Scrum/Lean environment
- Experience working with ALM tool such as Rally, JIRA, Version One, or RTC
- Java/JEE development
- RESTful Web Services Development (Consume & Expose)
- Maven, Nexus, Git Stash, Sonar
- Spring Framework 4.X including Spring Batch, Spring Security, Spring Webflow, and Spring MVC
- MyBatis / Hibernate ORM experience
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL query experience
- Oracle 11/12c
- Demonstrated expertise in Domain Driven Design (DDD) and Command/Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS)
- Experience in UML and/or object modeling
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Experience building external integrations (File, XML, SOAP, REST)
- Tools experience: Jenkins, BitBucket, Jira, Sonar, and Dynatrace.
- Experience with the following delivery techniques:
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with the following design patterns:
- Understanding of authentication/authorization best practices
Soft Skills & Knowledge
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please. No C2C or Subvendors on this role.
- Domain Skills
- Experience working in financial services industry is preferred
- Excellent problem analysis and creative solution-building skills
- Proven customer and relationship management experience
- Team Player
- Develop and maintain strong healthy relationships within the team and our external partners
- Accountability – Works with minimal direction
- Communication Skills - Strong communication skills (listening, verbal, written, and presentation)
- Strong technical, teamwork and partnering skills
- Self-Started/ Motivated – Ability and desire to take initiative
- Problem Solving
- Solve issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience, and judgment
- Select and act on a course of action which balances business and technical needs
- Flexibility/ Adaptability - Ability to quickly learn, adapt, and change to meet the needs of a changing environment
- Collaboration - Cultivates networks with people across a variety of functions and locations within the organization
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
• All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
• Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
• Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.