Atrilogy's direct Client is looking for a Big Data Engineer in Westlake, TX on a 6+ month Contract. Our client is seeking Senior Database Engineer with a primary focus supporting Big data platforms and related tools in the eco system.The senior engineer is expected to be domain expert in Hadoop environments. He/She will be accountable for platform availability, stability, security & overall performance of systems.
- Work with development teams in design process, building applications on Cloud(AWS) data platforms
- Performance tuning of data ingestions programs, User queries and configuration of related tools
- Good understanding of Unix and Shell scripting along with deployment architecture.
- Partnering with DevOps team to build/config/debug pipelines and automation
- Install & maintain various tools in analytics and data science domain (Trifacta, Informatica BDM, R-server etc..).
- Networking knowledge in setting up AWS environment - VPCs, subnets, security groups, S3 buckets, RDS
- Provide operational support by setting up monitoring, alerting and integrate with existing monitoring systems.
- Continued learning and knowledge sharing to bring rest of the team
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide hand-off to off shore team
- Strong commitment to quality, documentation and engineering excellence
- Strong communication skills, problem solving skills and adaptability
- Interface with Technology Operations and infrastructure groups to plan and manage changes in the production environment.
- Demonstrates good written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze complex database problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Big data administration experience
- 3+ years of supporting the platforms in unstructured data space using Hive, HDFS, Spark, Sqoop etc.
- 2+ years of setting up and supporting Data ingestion tools such as Nifi or other standard ETL/ELT/streaming tools
- 3+ years of SQL & PL/SQL experience
- 2+ years of database design experience
- Experience in programming languages and tools including but not limited to Unix shell, Perl, Python, C, Java etc.
Skills and Knowledge
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
- Knowledge of Big data technologies like hive, hdfs, spark, sqoop is required.
- Performance tuning experience with different types of data stores both structured and unstructured.
- Experience with Nifi desirable.
- Knowledge of big data design patterns is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of application and data security - Data Encryption, SSL configuations.
- Good to have Knowledge of Streamset, Nifi, ETL and ELT experience with both structured and unstructured data stores. Experience defining best practices for automated data validations.
- Good to have AWS certification with RDS knowledge good to have.
- Strong understanding of Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, GIT, Concourse)
- Knowledge of indexing with Solar / elastic search and indexing approaches for data will be a plus.
- Experience with analytics work bench. And data virtualization technologies like apache drill will be a plus
- Experience building highly automated environments using virtual and cloud resources is strongly desired
- Experience with interacting and working closely with Product Owners, DevOps, and Software Engineering teams
- Familiarity and experience working with agile methodologies: SCRUM
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Exposure to container & orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Highly accountable, strong team player with excellent analytical skills, detail oriented to process and quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a can-do attitude!
- Experience supporting Oracle, DB2, MS SQL or Netezza is desired but not essential
- Experience in the Financial Industry would be a plus but not essential
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
• All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
• Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
• Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.