A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group has an immediate opening for an HIM Manager. The candidate selected for this role will manage and lead the daily operational workflow of the HIM Department. This person is responsible for ensuring optimal revenue cycle processing and data integrity compliance including scanning/indexing of documentation and transcription and timely/compliant chart completion workflow. Other responsibilities include ensuring records are maintained in accordance with state and federal retention guidelines, releasing PHI in a timely and compliant manner with regulatory requirements, maintaining effective relationships with leadership and medical staff, and utilizing LEAN methodology when implementing workflow improvements to achieve best practice outcomes.
- Associates Degree in Health Information Technology (HIT) or Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management (HIM), or related healthcare management field
- 5+ years of successful HIM supervision or management
- 2+ years of HIM system application implementation and workflow design/re-engineering experience (preferred)
- Strong overall HIM knowledge in all operational fields
- Demonstrated competence in HIM regulatory/accreditation requirements including mandatory state reporting, maintenance of required abstracts/indices (cancer registry, birth certificate, diagnosis/procedural codes, etc.)
- Knowledge of applicable state/federal retention guidelines/MPI maintenance
- Professional etiquette in all communications and conflict resolution
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Flow-charting, and all other applications deemed necessary
- RHIT AHIMA Certification preferred
- All Certifications and Licenses must be kept current as condition of continued employment
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
- Ensures compliance for all PHI documentation requirements including elements comprising the LMR in accordance with all state/federal/accreditation requirements
- Provides complete, accurate PHI as specified per valid patient/requestor authorization
- Scanning/indexing/verification of documents into the LMR for inpatient, outpatient, clinics, ED, and public health encounters within 24 hours from date of service/discharge date
- MPI Data Integrity including duplicate MR# merging, patient demographic/clinical documentation updates
- Overall integrity of legal medical records, coordinating and providing educational opportunities to all departments, providers, and application teams with responsibility for documentation within the LMR
- Accurate, timely transcribed reports
- Timely chart completion compliance and review/assignment of deficiencies to appropriate provider including transcribed reports within specified TAT and interface submission into the LMR
- Performs Meaningful Use Patient Portal requirements assisting inpatients to access their clinical information online post discharge – Must meet/exceed 50% of allowed inpatient population and access their information within 3 days post-discharge date
- Develops departmental policy/procedures in organizational approved format ensuring compliance with all organization/government/regulatory/accreditation requirements
- Monitors production/quality standards for staff competence/compliance and provides feedback to all staff of their performance level
- Develops Standard of Work for all functions within areas of responsibility providing oversight in a clear, concise format
- Evaluates and implements best practices
- Participates in all mandatory organizational development initiatives including Leadership Development Institute – LMS, Coaching, ABP, Studer/patient/customer service principles, LEAN/RIE events
- Hiring, supervision, coaching, recognition, leadership, mentoring, daily founding on all staff, training, team-building, progressive discipline, termination if required, and performance appraisals
- Develops job descriptions and performs annual revisions and monthly budget analysis
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.