Atrilogy is seeking a Sr. Product Manager with their direct client in Costa Mesa, CA for a long-term 18 months+ contract with potential to go perm. The ideal person will have strong Product Management experience within the Automotive space.
Our client's Direct-to-Consumer Product team is seeking a talented Senior Product Manager to drive, define and launch a new lead generation vertical in the automotive sector. This role will manage the full lifecycle of products and features related to automotive on the client website. Key areas of responsibility include gathering and defining product requirements, working hand-in-hand with internal & external stakeholders, UX and Technology teams, and guiding projects through the entire product development lifecycle. The role requires someone who is comfortable operating at a fast pace, is capable of overseeing several large projects with little input, is detail oriented, drives for results and has a high standard for quality. This position is most likely to extend to 18 months and possible full time conversion.
This is a direct-to-consumer role. We are seeking someone with experience in automotive. At this stage, we are not entertaining candidates that do not have automotive experience, though that could change if the well runs dry.
We’d love to see resumes from companies such as: Edmunds, Kelley Blue Book (Cox Automotive), Motor Trend, Black Book, TrueCar, Auto Trader, Auto Gravity, Carvana. This is not an exhaustive list. We’d also love to see candidates who worked at dealerships, dealer networks, vehicle lending, vehicle insurance or within an automotive vertical at lead-generation companies.
• Manage the full lifecycle of automotive-related products and features on the Experian.com website from market requirements to product release, including but not limited to: concept, scope, specification, design, prioritization, implementation, business acceptance testing, deployment, maintenance, and analytics.
• Champion product initiatives and business cases to executive management team for prioritization and development; act as a key product expert, evangelist, and advocate for initiatives.
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to gather, synthesize, and codify market requirements and define product roadmaps.
• Define, document, and articulate detailed product and business requirements for new features and major enhancements, including but not limited to: functional, non-functional, and reporting requirements and use cases in the form of product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
• Work with User Experience and Product Design team to manage the creation of detailed UX and design requirements, including but not limited to: information architecture, wireframes, annotations, prototypes, in-product copy, visual design, comps, mockups, and style guides.
• Champion qualitative and quantitative consumer research, with user insights as inputs and feedback loops to the product concept and UX process as appropriate.
• Lead 3rd party integrations to support strategic partnerships and act as main product point of contact for implementation.
• Collaborate with other Experian business units to define, align, scope, prioritize, implement, launch, learn, and enhance product features that leverage the capabilities across Experian.
• Make trade-off decisions between functionality, resources, and schedules; communicate to stakeholders effectively in managing change.
• Ensure that products and product capabilities deliver an optimal user experience, conform to the product requirements, and meet product quality standards.
• Work closely with Technology teams to determine plans for product implementation and deployments with business partners.
• Balance product requirements and market impact against time-to-market and project risks.
• Work closely with Project Managers and Scrum Masters to manage all stages of the product development lifecycle process to ensure that the specified product, enhancement, or functionality is released on time with quality.
• Constantly evaluate and assess competitive landscape, creating SWOT-based assessments of current and emerging competitors; track industry trends, supplier capabilities, and synthesize competitive intelligence as a subject matter expert.
• Set operational standards, processes, and procedures for the ongoing operation of products in conjunction with the relevant operation teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business/Marketing, or a technical field preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant product management experience in the automotive sector, with focus in mobile, internet, software, and/or financial services disciplines.
• MBA preferred but not required.
• Must have experience with key product management functions, including writing requirements/user stories, creating mocks/wireframes, market research, competitive analysis, product planning and reporting.
• Experience with defining and optimizing sign-up funnels for freemium and paid revenue models.
• Experience with lead-generation products preferred, but not required.
• Must be metrics and results driven. Experience with A/B testing and web analytics tools is a plus.
• Experience in defining and developing products to meet customer requirements from inception to launch.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.