Java Back End Developer
Client is looking for a Software Development Engineer II that has a strong desire to construct and deliver operational tools and processes that will drive the availability and site reliability of our platform, This person will help to maintain the stability of our systems and strive to continually improve the operational effectiveness of the platform. They embrace the opportunity to tackle challenging problems and deliver solutions that propel quality. They thrive in an atmosphere that delivers high quality, exceptional results in a dynamic, agile environment where they can also mentor and influence other members of the team on sound operational design and practices.
This role requires skills to ensure a highly available, easily manageable production architecture. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering teams to build, deploy, operate, and support our systems. You are the operations champion for your teams. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. You will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And you will troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. Candidates should be comfortable developing mission critical tools and troubleshooting issues at the application, system and network layers. This role will require you to be on-call support along with the software engineers to collectively remediate lab and production incidents.
What will you own?
• Management of lab and production large scale environments
• Work with cross functional teams to deliver products on time with high quality
• Work in conjunction with IT, engineering, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
• Automation of various processes required to support production/non-production systems
• Build automated continuous integration and deployment pipelines that enable other teams to deliver high-quality software at speed
• Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
• Be accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures.
• Work throughout the SDLC to ensure reliability and high availability is built-in from scratch and present in all environments up to and including the production environment
• Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
• Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling
• Deprecation and removal of legacy processes and systems in favor of the new process you build
What you bring?
• You live and breathe the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) principles
• Ability to code and script using a wide variety of open source technologies and tools to deliver clean and highly performant solutions
• Experience with best practices building and maintaining large application infrastructure
• Ability to manage and operate systems across many different OS/data center/cloud combinations
• Ability to influence and drive adoption of operational best practices
• Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
• Experience building automated continuous integration and deployment pipelines for delivery of software in a distributed architecture
• Strong problem-solving capabilities, especially under pressure
• Confidence in solving difficult engineering challenges and a solid can-do mentality
• Strong grasp of IT operations, system administration, and automation tools
• Understanding and focus on business outcomes
• Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.