Our Direct Client is looking to hire a Java Developer. The Java Developer, is a moderately experienced role within the Enterprise Data Services group. The Java Developer is responsible for participating in a full agile development life cycle for design, build and testing of integration services. The Java Developer will know how to construct Web Services (SOAP and REST) and create reusable components to create business services. The Java Developer will work embedded in agile teams supporting next generation technology projects in the Digital and CRM domains.
Position : Java Developer
Location : Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Duration : 12 Months C2H
• Prepares detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured.
• Writes high quality code according to specifications.
• Follows all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle.
• Assists others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Develops project plans for application software implementation activities of medium to high level of complexity.
• Maintains strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
• Supports and validates integration production release activities.
• Creates and/or updates documentation necessary for each system
• Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in object-oriented programming and proficiency with the following tools or languages:
• Java and related components and frameworks;
• Web service protocols such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Maven
• Strong Spring Boot experience required
• Application servers such as Tomcat;
• Unit test frameworks such as JUnit;
• Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins; and/or
• Source code control tools such as Git or GitHub
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with RDBMS.
• Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services and Azure.
• Experience writing efficient SQL.
• Hands-on experience developing Java Message Services (JMS) using Java or another object orient languages
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts by designing and developing with abstraction, loose coupling, and cohesion in mind.
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment
• Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development.
• Experience with Agile tools such as RallyDev