The Database Administrator is responsible for designing, developing and implementing new technologies, as required, to support the technical capabilities. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, both with team members and business contacts. In addition, the successful Database Administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
- Participate in the design of new or changing programs
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting workStay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues. Install and maintain database software.
- Implement data models and database designs into physical databases.
- Manage backup and recovery of databases using RMAN and/or Network Appliance Snapshots.
- Manage security of database structures and corporate data held within databases.
- Develop database procedures, triggers and SQL scripts for development teams.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of database standards.
- Review scripts submitted by the Development team to ensure that all standards are met.Monitor databases for errors and perform problem determination when necessary.
- Design and implement highly available production systems using the following technologies:
- Hot Standby/Data Guard
- Advanced Replication
- Advanced Queuing
- Real Application Cluster (RAC)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years experience in Oracle database technologies, as well as Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems
- Prior experience writing PL/SQL triggers and/or procedures.Experience with Oracle GoldenGate is a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in team environment.Working knowledge of LINUX and shell scripting.
- Experience configuring database network connectivity.
- Understanding of database backup and recovery techniques using RMAN and Network Appliance filers.
- Experience with high volume websites that use multi-tier architectures a significant plus.Understanding or experience using Oracle Real Application Cluster’s (RAC) and implementation best-practices is a plus.
- Ability to analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, Disaster Recovery or high performance.
- Experience setting up and managing Oracle ASM
- Experience setting up and managing Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c/13c
- Experience with Amazon cloud (AWS)
- SQL Tuning
- Netapp Storage
- Oracle 11g/12c
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12/13
- Enterprise SDLC
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.