Atrilogy Solutions Group’s direct client is searching for an Linux Engineer to join their team in Los Angeles, CA on a direct hire, full-time basis. This individual will be responsible for the design and implementation of most optimal infrastructure solutions for the enterprise.
The IE must have rich and diverse technical background, is creative (intellectually curious), and passionate about automation / DevOps and eager to learn emerging technologies and trends. The IE is also responsible for documenting the standards, processes and procedures as well as improving process efficiency. The IE leads the effort in establishing the baseline system performance, capacity planning and delivery of highly secure, scalable robust/resilient systems that delivers maximum performance.
Typical day includes working with infrastructure architects to design infrastructure solutions, documenting the solutions, provisioning servers/platforms in private and/or public clouds and working closely with development teams for successful project implementation. Though IE is not directly responsible for production support however he/she will provide level-3 support to troubleshoot infrastructure related issues.
- B.S. in Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Education - master’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 10 years working in an Linux Systems Engineering role
- Minimum 5 years working in an enterprise level environment designing, building server, storage & network solutions in virtualized environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with RedHat servers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience implementing private/public and/or hybrid cloud solutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience in implementing Infrastructure as a Code
- Minimum 1 year of experience in container technology like Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos
- Knowledge of ITIL (certification is plus), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (preferred), AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer (certification is plus)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Broad and deep experience with Windows, Linux (CentOS, SlackWare, Gentoo, Ubuntu, etc).
- Experienced in Active Directory and Group Policies & GPO Experienced in Docker/Docker Hub and Kubernetes (pods, services etc)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, NTP, layer 2/3 switching, VLAN, VXLAN, inter-VLAN routing, LACP, Etherchannel and other advance concepts
- Working knowledge of SSH, Kerberos, Radius, SAML, BIND DNS (nsupdate, dnssec, stubs, delegation) and others.
- Experienced in load-balancing (local/global), F5 and Netscalers as well as Cisco networking products Experienced in SAN/NAS storage administration and good understanding of object storage, block storage, file storage and other modern storage technologies (i.e. 3PAR, Nimble)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Advanced understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Manage vendor relationships and with internal teams.
- Advanced understanding of scripting (PowerShell / Python / Ruby)
- Advanced understanding of automation and provisioning tools (Chef, Terraform)
- Advanced understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems Advanced understanding of hybrid and full cloud infrastructure technologies (Azure, AWS - IaaS, PaaS & SaaS solutions)
- Experience working with SDLC (CI/CD) and DevOps groups Experience in implementing cloud based high available solutions
- Collaborate on all aspects of infrastructure technology including, but not limited to the servers, network, storage, database, and application as required.
- Build highly scalable and highly available and secure infrastructure utilizing private cloud on VMWare and/or public cloud such as AWS & Azure and/or hybrid cloud.
- Build Windows and/or UNIX/Linux servers (in particular RedHat) leveraging primarily VMWare (ESXi, vCenter, vSphere and Site Recovery Manager etc.), Azure, and/or AWS.
- Lead monitoring, capacity management, and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing large hosted applications and virtualized infrastructures (both converged & hyper-converged) .
- Establish Active Directory topologies (LDAP in general), SCCM, group policies and troubleshoot advanced GPO application issues for servers and clients.
- Establish and maintain relationship with vendors, peers and colleagues across the organization, and constantly communicate of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies.
- Champion the automation of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and contribute in building next generation infrastructure strategy (i.e. software defined infrastructure)
- Must have excellent problem solving and debugging skills to resolve system related issues.
- Open minded team player, flexible and respectful to colleagues Contributes in creation of standards and roadmap for private cloud, public cloud and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- This includes development of technology and practical implementation for next 1-3 years
- Development of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and build out servers without human intervention and integration of IAC with development flow to enable end-2-end CI/CD pipeline
- Primary focus to minimizes infrastructure complexity, improve operation efficiency and system security, availability and performance
- Ability to lead from behind, influence the usage of cloud technology by demonstrating side by side comparison of cloud technology costs and TCO
- Develop and enforce automated governance to ensure effective and efficient use of infrastructure irrelevant on-premiums or public cloud
- Own the relationship with colleagues and vendors.
- Review and provide feedback to Infrastructure Architects and co-develop solution that is practical
- Provide leadership in the infrastructure as a code process, focusing on implementation of automation solutions throughout the enterprise in support of DevOps.
- Ensure proposed designs will integrate with all system components and meets the delivery and capacity requirements
- Ensure solution design meets infrastructure best practices and InfoSec governance policies
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.