Our Direct client is looking for a it Security Engineer w/DoD Secret Clearance for a Full Time Direct Hire role in West Mclean, VA 22103.
The candidate will be in current cybersecurity standards and controls and can design technical solutions to meet the stringent security requirements of Government clients. A Security Architect will utilize their extensive knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) controls to implement technical solutions that satisfy controls while also coordinating and communicating understanding and gaining buy-in with our clients.
This role requires focused experience in the security space with the ability to speak at the lowest level of detail coupled with the unique ability to summarize topics for communication to leadership.
POSITION SNAP SHOT
- Onsite Role; Monday – Friday
- Full Time Direct Hire
- Location: West Mclean, VA 22103 / Proximity to the Washington D.C. Metro area
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel estimated at 10-20%; a valid driver’s license in the US. This is more Client Facing in the DC Metro area.
- MUST have a CURRENT DoD Secret Clearance OR Higher / must have used it within the last year
Good hands on experience with Security Design Solutions and understanding of NIST and FISMA
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 4 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated characteristics of a forward thinker and self-motivator who thrives on new challenges and adapts to learning new knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- CISSP, GSLC, CEH, CISM, CISA, CIPT, CIPM, CRISC or other relevant certification desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified within 1 year from the date of hire.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks / standards like RMF, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, PCI DSS, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53 and cybersecurity laws and regulations such as HIPAA, FISMA and GLBA.
- Active Secret Clearance or higher
- Proximity to the Washington D.C. Metro area
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel estimated at 10-20%; a valid driver’s license in the US.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior Big 4 or other relevant consulting experience
- A military/government background
What we look for
- The ideal candidate will consistently achieve project objectives on time, within budget and with the highest quality results
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with both business and technical stakeholders
- Candidate must be a team player as well as be able to work independently and manage development resources
- Candidate will recognize the potential risks and is able to provide solutions
Your key responsibilities
- Research and documentation of information security controls to facilitate system accreditation
- Communication and implementation of security policies and procedures for systems and staff
- Analysis of associated risk and oversight of remediation of discovered vulnerabilities from patch management tools and other sources
- Prompt reporting and statusing of security incidents
- Ownership and authoring of security artifacts to include SOPs, RMF deliverables, security plans, security diagrams, contingency plans, etc.
- Leading meetings to brief security topics to clients and internal leadership
Skills and attributes for success
- Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and security risk analysis in support of Federal Government IT projects
- In-depth knowledge of the Federal Government’s security controls and assessment procedures in FISMA and NIST SP 800-53
- Demonstrated writing skills through development of security plans or other security materials supporting accreditation or proposals
- Proven ability to develop articulate controls documentation and navigate Federal Government security assessments
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools (e.g. – Nessus), understanding findings and communicating impacts to security posture
- Experience working on projects utilizing cloud service providers i.e. – AWS, Azure, etc. and understanding of their security features
- Proven knowledge of Federal Risk and Authorization Management Process (FEDRAMP)
- Knowledge of how to implement security best practices for EDW and Data Lake architectures.
- Strong project management skills
- Solid communication skills
- Experience on Agile projects a plus
- Knowledge of how to balance security practices with risk and opportunity management
- Experience on projects utilizing continuous delivery and deployment methodologies a plus
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
· IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
· All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
· Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
· Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.