Atrilogy Solutions Group is presently seeking a Data Engineer who combines the skills of database administration with those of a developer and has a strong foundation in Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL), data governance, and automation. The Data Engineer will work with a myriad of data management systems to feed the data needs of the business through efficient SQL querying, effective ETL development, and potentially other scripting languages, e.g. – Python, to cleanse and move data.
In this role you will design and implement how data will be best retrieved, stored, and integrated into the existing data solution. You will also work with data consumers to meet specific requirements of a given data-related task.
Position: Data Engineer
Location: McLean, VA
Position Type: Direct Hire
***Active DoD Secret Clearance Required****
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
Your key responsibilities
- Expertise in one of many industry ETL tools: Microsoft SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx, etc.
- SQL Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Redshift, SQL Data Warehouse
- NoSQL Databases: Cloudera, Hortonworks, HDInsight, MongoDB
- Experience integrating with APIs (SOAP and REST) for data extraction
- Using Python, C#, other scripting languages to extract and manipulate data
- Experience managing data extraction scripts and ETL packages via GIT or other code repository tools
- Experience with streaming data sources, transformations, and real-time data architectures
- General experience working on Business Intelligence and Analytics focused projects and initiatives
- Experience working with data lakes in addition to traditional data warehousing
- Working knowledge of OLAP cube building, maintenance, and tuning
- Experience on Agile projects a plus
- Experience on projects utilizing continuous delivery and deployment methodologies a plus
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Management of information assurance and data governance requirements
- Design and build of ETL programs, interfaces, and data reconciliation processes
- End-user support for data reconciliation and interface validation
- Assistance in developing reports and dashboards for data consumers
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
Skills and attributes for success
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, Information Technology, Engineering or related field with approximately 4 years of related work experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs and a valid driver’s license.
- Active Secret Clearance or higher
- Proximity to the Washington D.C. Metro area
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
- Demonstrated abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings
- Demonstrated abilities and success as a team member
- Created a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members
- Provided candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- PMP, TOGAF, DODAF and/or ITIL certification
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.