Atrilogy Solutions Group’s direct client is searching for a Sr. DevOps Engineer
to join their team in Los Angeles, CA
on a direct hire, full-time
basis. This person will be responsible both for establishing and enforcing production release policies and standards as well as the hands-on managing of complex code builds. This manager will be supervising day-to-day code integration activities for a team of developers and support staff spanning multiple applications, environments and locations. The manager will be responsible for assisting senior level Engineers in developing and maintaining portions of the integration and release processes within the infrastructure, development and support teams. Responsible for a number of multidisciplinary projects at any one time with the objective being to manage the change process by ensuring the timely, safe deployment of changes to the production environment.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in development operations, systems administration and/or operations
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Chef, TFS and PowerShell scripting
Skills and Knowledge:
- Establish policies and procedures for Release Management applicable to all groups.
- Recommend and enforce best practices and standards in release management.
- Build and deploy software applications to various environments (UAT, Staging, Production, BCP/DR).
- Create opportunities to automate and enhance Change Management tools, environments, processes and procedures.
- Manage other resources whether they are on loan from other groups for the purpose of a specific release or whether they are dedicated Release Team members.
- Provide leadership in designing and improving the production release processes and related Change Management processes.
- Control product releases and monitor changes required for auditing and reporting throughout the product lifecycle.
- Branch, merge, and manage source code in source control system as needed.
- Troubleshoot build and deploy issues and work with the development team(s) to resolve.
- Coordinate release activities with Vendors, Project Management, Infrastructure, DBAs, Support, QA, Release Management and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environments.
- Manage and maintain multiple test and staging environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled.
- Trace complex build problems release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining environment configuration, controls, code integrity, code conflict resolution, and will work closely with PM's, software development & QA teams to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise and implement deployment processes.
- Assist to create, maintain and support extensive build and test environments (Development/QA/Staging).
- Assist to create, publish and manage formal release notification, instructions, deployment notes and launch plans as needed.
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes, existing tools and enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferred.
- 2+ years in Release Management role preferred
- Some previous team leadership experience preferred
- Familiarity with ITIL or other Service Management best practices related to Release Management (ITIL Certification a plus but not required)
- TFS branching/Merging experience is necessary. QA Experience will be a big plus.
- General understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Some infrastructure (server, network) configuration experience preferred
- Experience with working with rapid, overlapping product release cycles
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation
- Understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of deployments
- Experience with building and Deploying MS based applications
- .NET experience is a must
- Understanding of complex system architecture within a multi-tier environment
- Understanding of common software development strategies including .NET, MVC and MVVM.
- Experience with isolating build/deployment issues versus code issues a plus
- Source Code branching and merging strategy.
- Source control tool experience (Visual SourceSafe) a plus
- SQL experience a must
- Hands on knowledge programming in HTML and XML
- Experience in doing QA is a plus
- Experience working with and administration of web server technologies (IIS) is a plus
- Internet / E-Commerce application development experience is a plus
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.