Atrilogy Solutions Group’s direct client is searching for a DevOps Engineer in Los Angeles, CA for a direct hire, full-time opportunity. This individual will be responsible for managing complex code builds and supervising day-to-day code integration activities for a team of developers spanning multiple applications, environments and locations. The candidate will be responsible for assisting senior level Engineers in developing and maintaining portions of the integration and release processes within the ecommerce team. Responsible for a number of multidisciplinary projects at any one time (particularly at senior levels), with the objective being to manage the change process by ensuring the achievement of projects to time, cost and specification.
- Minimum 1 years' experience in development operations, systems administration and/or operations.
- Minimum 1 years of experience with Chef and TFS
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferred
- TFS branching/Merging experience is necessary. QA Experience will be a big plus.
- General understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with working with rapid, overlapping product release cycles.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
- Understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of deployments.
- Experience with building and Deploying MS based applications.
- NET experience is a must.
- Understanding of complex system architecture within a multi-tier environment.
- Understanding of common software development strategies including .NET, MVC and MVVM.
- Experience with isolating build/deployment issues versus code issues a plus.
- Source Code branching and merging strategy.
- Source control tool experience (Visual SourceSafe) a plus.
- SQL experience a must.
- Hands on knowledge programming in HTML and XML
- Experience in doing QA is a plus.
- Experience working with and administration of web server technologies (IIS) is a plus.
- Internet / E-Commerce application development experience is a plus.
- Build and deploy software applications to various environments (Development, QA, Staging).
- Create opportunities to automate and enhance CM tools, environments, processes and procedures.
- Control product releases and monitor changes required for auditing and reporting throughout the product lifecycle.
- Branch, merge, and manage source code in source control system as needed.
- Troubleshoot build and deploy issues and work with the development team(s) to resolve.
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environments.
- Manage and maintain multiple test environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled.
- Trace complex build problems release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining environment configuration, controls, code integrity, code conflict resolution, and will work closely with PM's, software development & QA teams to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise and implement deployment processes.
- Assist to create, maintain and support extensive build and test environments (Development/QA/Staging).
- Assist to create, publish and manage formal release notification, instructions, deployment notes and launch plans as needed.
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes, existing tools and enhancements.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.