Atrilogy Solutions Group is presently seeking a Software Development Technical Lead responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs/projects to develop and maintain global applications and systems. This is a direct hire opportunity, located in Alpharetta, GA. Our client’s team is geographically dispersed and comprises of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including project managers, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers. In addition, the function works closely with the Enterprise & Solution Architecture and Infrastructure & Operations teams- responsible for the delivery of programs that offer a chance to work on web applications that span the spectrum of devices from desktop to tablets to smart phones.
Position: Software Development Technical Lead (Assistant Director-level)
Position Type: Direct Hire / Full Time
Location: Alpharetta, GA (on-site only)
Function: IT Services-Solutions
Target Salary: depending on level of experience
The Software Development Technical Lead coordinates and manages a team of development resources to enforce process and review output of developers to ensure predictability and quality of deliverables. AE Technical Lead will have full responsibility for the user interface along with all code that drives it.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience with a concentration in front end design and development.
- 7+ years of HTML experience, HTML 5 is a plus
- 5-7 years of CSS experience.
- 4+ years of jQuery experience.
- 1+ years of JSON experience.
- 4+ years of ASP.NET experience.
- 1+ years of experience with cloud computing and/or Microsoft Azure.
- 1+ years of experience with document data stores.
- 1+ years of experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework
- 5-7 years of experience of working with web applications that has a SQL Server backend.
- 5+ years of experience working with SSRS, SSIS and SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012
- 4+ years of experience working on N-Tier'd applications.
- A firm grasp of design concepts such as Responsive Design, Progressive Enhancement, Adaptive Rendering, and Minimal Download Strategy.
- Strong understanding on client-side performance optimization techniques.
- Experience working in Agile Development Methodologies and frameworks.
- 1-3 years of experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Strong object-oriented design skills and ability to articulate designs using UML diagrams
- Skilled with developing and maintaining an engineering task plan for an engineering team.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately use proper configuration management disciplines for a large engineering team.
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Develop and deliver technical systems.
- Participate in the development and review of documents to comply with SDLC methodologies [e.g. Solution Design Document (SDD) and Software Architecture Documents (SAD)].
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary.
- Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards, code reviews.
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate.
- Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan.
- Translate detailed Requirements and Design and Solution Architecture deliverables into detailed design specifications.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other IT groups.
- Produce high quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline.
- Proactively anticipate project issues before they occur; define the problem; identify possible causes; work with team to identify solutions; select and implement most appropriate solution.
- Apply judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
- Lead and contribute in an Agile environment.
- Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications.
- Application Development Work breakdown structure
- Solutions Design Documents.
- Release Packages.
- Hand-over documentation for operations.
- Unit Test Scripts.
- Assign tasks to developers.
- Review of code completed.
- Review performance of developers.
- Make assessments of contractor abilities.
- Leads an application development/engineering team with respect to the Technical Lead’s assigned program/project with both local and remote resources; directly mentors staff working on the project; works with Service Delivery Manager and Program/project managers if issues arise within Project; works with Team Leader if issues arise with development/engineering staff assigned to project; supports and monitors project’s progress
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing applications.
- Knowledge of organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used (Agile/SAFe).
- Familiar with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT
- Provides feedback for development/engineering staff with respect to the project work
- Responsible for assessing the technical skills of the application development/engineering staff where appropriate
- Exercises influence at many levels of the organization
- Obtains necessary supervision and support to ensure quality, adherence to application engineering methodologies, standards, leading practices, budgets, and timelines are met
- Serves as a role model by promoting and demonstrating commitment to application development/engineering methodologies, processes and standards-industry-wide, and recommending process improvements when necessary
- Highly desirable to have experience or working knowledge with Blockchain, Machine Learning / AI, Prescriptive Analytics, Azure Cloud, Enterprise Architecture
- Ability to lead a Scrum team for an end to end complete solution
- Must be able to provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior resources
- Must be capable and willing to participate in local technology user groups
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; Masters degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience leading software engineers and provide appropriate level of guidance and oversight to ensure delivery of engineering deliverables.
- In-depth knowledge of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) principles, and familiarity with many design patterns for Software applications.
- Demonstrated experience working for large organizations on complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
- Proven ability to facilitate change management with teams.
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure.
- Demonstrated expertise in application design and construction, work breakdown structure of items, design and code reviews, unit test and build activities, deployment and performance related activities, documentation, support and training/mentoring.
- Experience in the full project and delivery life cycles - from planning to delivery, implementation and completion / handover.
- Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
- All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
- Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta.