Atrilogy Solutions Group’s Direct client is searching for a Configuration Asset Manager in Los Angeles, CA for a direct hire, full-time opportunity.
The new Configuration Asset Manager will focus on identifying and driving methodologies and processes that support world class standards for delivering Infrastructure Services, and identify and manage key targeted areas for improvement.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Oversee and refine processes to capture colleague IT Asset requests and manage associated assets through their respective lifecycles
- Ensure coordination of data to assist in the financial management of deployed assets throughout their life-cycle
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT Product Catalog
- Establish (or refresh) policies and procedures for tracking the sign-in and sign-out of IT assets
- Explore opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used IT assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from company resources
- Coordinate the transfer of assets between business units
- Serve as the IT liaison to the asset management & vendor management efforts
- Ensure IT compliance with guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements
- Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, and maintenance/support contract information
- Defines the structure of the configuration management system, including CI types, naming conventions, attributes and relationships.
- Create, implement, and communicate configuration management plans, processes, and standards.
- Facilitate the negotiation of the scope of the configuration management process in collaboration with CMDB governing structures, process owners, and IT business stakeholders.
- Works with other process owners to ensure an integrated approach to the design, implementation, and coordination of interfaces between configuration management and other service management processes. (Change, Release, Incident, and Knowledge).
- Identify which CIs need to be managed and controlled from the basis of Asset, Configuration Management, and Inventory.
- Define the CI types and level of detail at which CIs are to be identified.
- Evaluates systems that discover and interface with configuration management database.
- Plan and execute population of the configuration management database (manual and automated); manage CMDB, central libraries, tools, common codes and data; ensure regular housekeeping of the CMDB.
- Ensure changes to the configuration management processes are properly approved and communicated.
- Work collaboratively across Business and Technology Services organization to evolve CMDB assets .
- Produce and distribute management reports for configuration management.
- Define certification and audit processes and engages the CI class owners on regular certification efforts.
- On-board new CI Owners and manage training materials and quick guides.
- Reviews the Configuration Management process on a regular basis for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Gather CMDB CI Lifecycle governance process requirements.
- Develop the CMDB CI Lifecycle governance processes that meets the global and regional requirements.
- Working closely with asset owners and technical custodians develop an overall process strategy/topology in support of the CMDB CIs, both at an enterprise level and at a regional level.
- Continue to communicate and uphold the new, standard global processes for CMDB data creation, change and sunset.
- Work with software vendors to review End User License Agreements (EULA) and ensure compliance
- Track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and lease contracts and vendor contracts
- Enter all software and hardware serial numbers or identification tags into CMDB and ensure information is up-to-date, accurate, and auditable
- Perform periodic inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
- Generate, distribute, & review IT asset management reports
- Resolve accuracy issues of the inventory database
- Extensive knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
- Experienced in design, implementation and documentation of the CMDB
- Extensive experience in the design, implementation and documentation of Workflows
- Ability to write clear and concise communications.
- Ability to provide hands on training to users with different levels of experience.
- Ability to translate business needs into requirements
- Knowledge and experience with financial models and budgeting
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Customer focus, leadership and collaboration
- Strategic thinking, information seeking
- Initiative, innovation, thoroughness and collaboration
- Influencing others, results orientation
- Stakeholder partnership, change advocate
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of IT / business experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of asset management experience
- ITIL Practitioner or ITIL Service Manager level qualification a plus
- COBIT Framework practitioner or certification a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- In-depth Excel knowledge and experience with data analytics
- Ability to create and present PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in Service Architect / Service Strategist disciplines in an IS function.
- ITIL v3 certification highly desirable.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
- All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
- Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta.