One of our best clients is seeking a Solution Architect to provide the support necessary for their Legacy ERP to Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation. In this role, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Data Solutions you will be responsible for end-to-end definition and implementation of all data conversions and migrations of disparate data sources.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to defining the data conversion strategy, mapping legacy data to the AX system, determining and completing pre-conversion data clean-up activities, running mock conversions, verifying data with technical and business resources prior to and post cut-over and coordinating conversion activities with the Project Manager.
You will provide broad functional and technical expertise to lead and motivate business users through all phases of data conversion. This role is responsible for ensuring data integrity for converted companies and meeting established cutover milestone dates in the AX Program Implementation plan.
To be successful in this role, the Solution Architect III, AX Data Conversions must build and maintain strong and strategic partnerships across the AX Program Team and IT, quickly gaining an understanding of our business needs and work to ensure that conversions comply with Project Management methodology. In addition, the ability to communicate technical tasks in a non-technical way, while also being able to educate business users on the data mapping and verification process will be key.
- Define and establish a standard and repeatable data conversation strategy to support the Dynamics AX ERP Program
- Ensure conversion and utilization of ERP source(s) to the Dynamics AX ERP systems aligns with the Data Solutions enterprise strategy.
- Lead and manage data initiatives, from discovery through implementation, in order to ensure solutions, meet goals and business needs
- Conduct data analysis and modeling to design medium to complex systems utilizing multiple technologies, including integrations with external systems
- Collect and curate data from disparate sources to perform data wrangling to clean, prepare, and standardize data for consumption
- Perform data profiling, classification, mappings, and integrity analysis to standardize and curate as part of the onboarding process.
- Perform data mapping and stored procedure inspections on Legacy ERP systems to enable data reporting needs post onboarding into the target system
- Lead and advise cross-functional teams on the data technical design
- Work closely with business users, educating them on data conversion activities, conducting data validation sessions, mock conversions and post go-live data validation activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Research, analyze, and identify data requirements and business processes
- Extract and transform data through normalization, field mapping, merging, and other techniques to standardize and prepare data conversion and onboarding
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify and solve business intelligence and data issues
- Develop, sponsor, and support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, and technologies
- Devise, make recommendations and guide implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions
- Suggest better alternatives and flows to given requirements based on experience
- Construct new data assets by combining data from multiple sources, which may be ambiguous, incomplete or inconsistently formatted
- Align a data cutover plan to the overall implementation timeline for each cutover
- Establish project plans to support all data cutover activities
- Build and maintain strong and strategic partnerships across the AX Program Team, IT, and the client family of companies
- Comply with all internal and external policies and procedures including the Architecture Standards, Security, Project Management Methodology, Software Development Lifecycle, Change Management, Procurement and Finance, proposing improvements where applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related field required.
- 10+ years’ experience with ERP implementations required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred
- 7+ years’ experience developing data architecture and leading the completion of ERP data cutovers/conversions required
- 5+ years’ experience in Unix Scripting Language and Query Languages such as SQL, SQLite, NoSQL or JSON required
- Practical experience in data structure languages like R, Python, SAS preferred
- 5+ years of practical experience utilizing relational databases, in one or more of the following is required:
- Complex data mapping skills from one source system to another
- Data analysis
- Data quality and data structures
- Programming/Report development
- Requirements analysis
- 3+ years’ experience with ETL/ELT technologies and configurations
- Extensive experience with Oracle, SQL, Informix, and AS400 based database systems preferred
- Strong executive level verbal, written and presentation skills; must have the ability to convey complex information in a simple, non-technical way, to a broad audience
- Ability to inspire, motivate and guide others toward goal accomplishment
- Highly organized, multi-tasking capabilities, and commitment to detail
- Broad experience utilizing varying project methodologies (ranging from waterfall to agile) and SDLC management
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Possesses advanced knowledge of HTML and XML
- Understands advanced internet and client/server architectures
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written, at all levels including customers, vendors, peers, business stakeholders and management required
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.