The Software Engineer III will be an integral member of the client's Technical Solutions ERP team and will be tasked with developing scalable technical solutions for client's ERP implementations across the client's Family of Companies (FOCs). The individual is responsible for the technical design, development, implementation, testing, and operational / maintenance of new and existing programs in the ERP environments. The Software Engineer III will be required to work on task management and planning by breaking down functional specifications into technical designs, development tasks, estimates, and executing to completion. In addition, the Software Engineer III must ensure that developed code meets the technical and functional specifications through unit testing and validation. This role will be required to mentor other developers on .NET best practices.
Technical Design- Able to identify, analyze, specify, design, and translate functional design to technical design. Create and document technical designs for medium to high complexity solutions that may include integration with external systems.
• Create and document technical designs for high complexity solutions that may include integrations with external systems
• Facilitate peer technical design review
• Define and document work processes/standards across all applications
• Design systems that span multiple technologies/platforms
• Create and apply design standards across all applications
• Design solutions to meet performance requirements and scalability expectations
• Design complex systems utilizing multiple technologies (may have a special area of expertise), including integrations with external systems.
• Design and creates frameworks, program controls and services that can be utilized by other developers in creation of applications.
• Ensure the application operates according to functional and technical specifications
Application Development - Able to write, test, debug, and maintain applications for end-user adoption, productivity improvement and efficiency.
• Research, analyze, and produce high quality source code for high complexity solutions
• Modify and enhance high complexity programs
• Enable integration with third party applications using Microsoft .NET tools
• Apply more than one programming language to produce high quality source code
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
• Develop knowledge of the company's applications
• Facilitate peer code reviews
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify and solve software defects
• Anticipate risks and implement contingency plans to resolve issues impacting applications
• Design operational support systems like monitoring, reporting, fail over, error handling etc.
• Proactively enhances systems for stability, efficiency, scalability and robustness
• Develop, sponsor, and support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, and technologies.
• Devise, make recommendations, and guide implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions
• Able to suggest better alternatives and flows to given requirements based on experience
Unit Testing and Validation - Ensures developed code meets the technical and functional specifications.
Provide Accurate Project Effort Estimates - Ability to quantify and meet individual and project phase level efforts.
Adherence to Standards - Ability to create solutions that adhere to and incorporate client's standards.
• Apply and use information and technology standards in solution design.
• Identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise services
• Obtain key inputs from Enterprise Architecture to ensure compliance and exception management
• Identify commonalities and suggest a consistent approach across projects
• Define and refine standards in collaboration with Enterprise Architecture and others
• Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
• Assist personnel in other client's departments to resolve technical and/or application issues
• Other duties as requested
• Participate in GAP fit analysis
• Mentor development team on C#, .NET framework, WPF, WCF, Web Services, SOA and OOD/OOP, SQL Server) and integration tools as required
• Occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule - evening/weekend hours in order to meet project deadlines or to access the computer system to support 2nd/3rd shift users
Required & Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management of information science, or equivalent work experience in a related field required.
• 5+ years of experience in developing computer software using Microsoft .NET required
• 3+ years of experience in developing computer software applying broad ASP.NET, C#, WPF system architecture and design capabilities preferred
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including customers, peers, business stakeholders, and management
• Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming required
• Experience with large-scale web/database applications in a leadership role preferred
• Deep understanding of Transact SQL
• Understand and apply design and modeling concepts at the system level
• Proficient in use of Visual Studio 2012/2013/2015/2017 required
• Understanding of SOA and n-tier application architectures required
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.