A direct hire client of Atrilogy is currently seeking a ERP Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team.
Onsite position Monday – Friday
Salary: $85k- $100k plus Bonus and great benefits
- In-Person Interview is required
- Local candidates
- No relocation for this role
Client is located in Anaheim CA area
The QA Engineer II will plan, test and ensure standards on concurrent multiple IT projects with an emphasis on Microsoft Dynamics AX and other ERP systems.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- 6+ years’ hands-on Quality Assurance / QA Engineer
- Min 2 years of ERP testing – i.e. (SAP, Oracle, EBS, JD Edwards, MS Dynamics, Great Plains or any other ERP systems)
- Min 2 years Functional Testing of an ERP systems
- Expert knowledge of testing methodologies and enforcing SDLC policies required
- 5+ years’ advanced experience with ALM tools (e.g., HP ALM, MS TFS, SpiraTeam, etc.) required
- Advanced experience with generating, communicating and interpreting test results and test status reports required
- Advanced experience with configuring and managing Testing Automation Frameworks and Bug Tracking systems preferred
- Advanced experience with an AX, and/other ERP systems preferred
- Advanced experience with development of advanced complexity SQL scripts required
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server and/or other RDBMS architectures required
- Experience in the following Team Foundation Server (TFS) areas: source code management, reporting, requirements management, automated builds, testing and release management preferred
- Elementary .NET or other object oriented programming skills preferred
- Experience with interacting and supporting infrastructure related activities (e.g., connectivity support) required
- Experience with collaborating and troubleshooting cross-team issues (e.g., Citrix, networking, etc.) required
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills required
- Ability to self-direct and work effectively with both functional and technical resources required
- Outstanding ability to analyze test results and generate comprehensive test summary reports and metrics required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to multitask on two or more concurrent projects required
- Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments required
Any experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is plus
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools of quality and controls used to ensure a product fulfills requirements and standards.
- Adhere to and promote application Lifecycle Management (ALM) practices
- Support and champion all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Provide design input for Microsoft Dynamics AX and other systems with an emphasis on quality and control
- Assure projects meet quality standards by providing technical guidance in planning, designing, executing testing, and developing procedures related to product quality on medium to high complexity ERP and other software applications.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of QC and business processes
- Demonstrate a customer focus vision
- Take the initiative to understand how our customers will use our applications and incorporate that use into test cases
- Plans and documents a systematic approach to all aspects of testing.
- Participate in reviews of business requirements and application design
- Plan, execute and manage the following Test Cycles across a variety of software products including Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Functional Testing
- Regression Testing
- Testing Automation
- Accurately scope out duration, work effort and complexity of QC activities
- Plan, accurately estimate and execute QC work elements as it relates to Software Development Life Cycle
- Interpret and communicate test status to leadership and project team.
- Ensure proper test coverage exists based on requirements and design specifications
- Create documented and effective test plans
- Break down work into distinct and executable tasks
- Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks
- Provide recommendations and resolutions to roadblocks
- Coordinates and implements solutions to overcome roadblocks
- Recommend strategies and methods to improve test plans and processes
Design and Development
- Designs and develops test cases, test environment and test data to ensure quality of solution.
- Assist, create and maintain test and production environments
- Analyze requirements and functional/ technical specifications to create test cases
- Assist in development of in-house test tools
- Ensure, maintain and protect the integrity of the test environment and test data
- Ensure test environment(s) and test data reflects business requirements for test execution
- Design and deliver Quality and Control status reports as it relates to test cycles and the overall work effort
- Create test data for multiple and/or complex projects
Testing and Execution
- Executes test cases and tracks test results and drives test issues to resolution.
- Execute test cases, interprets and documents test results and generates status reports and metrics
- Coordinate test schedules, work and resource plans and manage progress of all test activities against plan
- Establish testing entrance and exit criteria
- Develop test automation capabilities to support applications and quality control activities
- Perform risk analysis at project management level
- Define and coordinate production verification and validation
- Participate in production verification and validation.
- Documents final status accomplishments, approvals and future test improvement areas.
- Obtain approvals from solution stakeholder
- Define regression tests for future projects
- Prepare testing outcome summary
- Create and document reusable test processes
Methodology and Tools
- Develops quality controls methodology policies/procedures and tools to ensure efficiency in QC processes.
- Define and implement process improvements, focused on solution quality
- Works with cross functional teams to design and implement QC standards, metrics and leading practices
- Act as a liaison between project and infrastructure teams
- Coordinate and execute code releases and deployments between environments (Development, Test, QA, Train, Production)
- Maintain quality control tools (e.g. develop reports and change configuration)
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.