Our direct client is seeking an experienced Systems Reliability Engineer (similar to Site Reliability Engineer) to be responsible for the reliability, resiliency and performance of the technology systems supporting their multi-billion, multi-channel e-commerce business. These systems include their website, customer mobile apps, loyalty system, and back-end tier of high scale services. This engineer will be responsible for resiliency, performance of the systems and enhance proactive monitoring, automation, and overall system health.
The ideal candidate will have hands on coding/ scripting experience in the areas of infrastructure automation, instrumenting health monitors. They can build creative engineering solutions to operation problems. They are familiar with DevOps culture and work to spread DevOps culture to their own team and others. They understand agile development values and practices including small, iterative., frequent and continuous value delivery.
Be a member of high performing team
• Part of the functional team that owns Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for all e-commerce systems
• Drives a continuous improvement mindset with the team, embracing a DevOps culture by automating everything possible and constantly finding ways to make our systems more reliable
• Be aware of, experiment and adopt emerging industry practices in the systems operations space
Increase System Reliability & Transparency
• Builds dashboards, alerting and monitoring for existing systems so that internal teams know about issues before they impact the customer
• Practice, coach and evangelize reliability best practices
• Works with product teams to establish SLAs around performance that can then be integrated into our monitoring/alerting solutions
• Automates existing manual processes and provides more self-service functionality to Tier 2 team
• Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect production systems
Practice Agile Values and Instill DevOps Culture
• Practice agile principles to organize and deliver work
• Bring modern delivery practices to legacy systems
• Enable software development teams to continuously push their code to production
• Help build container based software delivery to production
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar technical degree strongly preferred
• 2+ years of hands-on software development experience required
• 2+ years of Reliability Engineering experience is required
• Experience with Git is required
• Proficiency in infrastructure scripting/ configuring Chef/ Bamboo/ Jenkins (similar products)
• Experience in Linux/ AWS/ Windows Azure necessary
• Experience in working in an agile environment necessary
• Expertise in automation tools (such as Jenkins or Chef), as well as monitoring tools (such as AppDynamics, App Insights, Sumo Logic, etc.) required
• Expertise in incident and problem management including timely problem identification, successful resolution and root-cause analysis required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate technology concepts and practices
• Experience working in a high-scale, high-traffic, 24/7 environment required
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.