Our client is seeking a Technical Product Manager with a strong customer focus, passion for solving complex business problems at scale, attention to detail and highly collaborative communication skills. As a TPM, you will own and drive the life cycle of new features from high level concept to design to operational delivery and beyond. You will be responsible for aligning business and technical components to ensure delivery of high quality products on time. Not only will you be working directly with the product owners, but you will also be working with talented team of developers, testers, UI designers, and operation engineers who are responsible for building web applications, and services. Candidates should have an understanding of SOA, Restful, e-commerce platforms (neutral on product).
If you embrace new technologies, and cutting edge development practices, continuous delivery, cloud computing if solving complex business problems gets you excited, we want to talk to you.
In this role you will independently design, build, and manage projects involving highly complex features or components.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce highly accurate schedules for medium-sized projects and drive execution on time and on budget.
- Propose multiple potential solutions for complex or new problems or processes and make objective recommendations as to which direction should be taken.
- Utilize industry/Company product development models/cycles.
- Manage the development, test, and implementation of new technology and incremental application releases.
- Manage project schedules, budget, issues and risks, as well as regular status reporting.
- May conduct third-party product evaluation and integration.
- Collaborate with business owners on training, testing and related activities.
- Facilitate critical trade-off decisions between investment, schedule, and customer benefit.
- Assist, as needed, driving problem resolutions as issues arise.
- Work with business stakeholders to balance business and technical objectives and manifest these as clear, stable priorities for the team.
- Collaborate with UI designers, software developers, and software testers to turn high level project objectives into stories with feature details and create functional specifications.
- Effectively manage trade-offs between cost/schedule versus business benefit
- Drive delivery, plan/organize work, manage risks, communicate effectively and adapt to inevitable challenges.
- Work with developers, testers, and operations during implementation in order to get features released to live site and drive problem resolution once the new feature has gone live.
- Provide thought leadership to the team on massive-scale application issues such as reliability, serviceability, and performance.
- Understand and actively advance best practices (e.g. Agile/Scrum, Continuous Delivery).
- Actively contribute to our team's culture of having fun, embracing change, and delivering.
Qualifications and required Skills
- Technical degree and 4+ years in a technical program or product management role
- Familiarity with web-based product development and understanding of typical technology architecture for large scale, complex, multi-tier, web applications
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with the entire SDLC and shipping of software using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Self-starter, accustomed to working in a changing environment, who enjoys and takes pride in technical solution delivery
- High degree of competency with project management including: issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
- Able to ask the right questions, get to the point and get the right things done the right way
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- Passionate about Collaborative Team Delivery and working with team members of varied disciplines and skill-sets.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
- All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
- Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta.