Our direct current client is seeking a Director, Enterprise Architecture. In this new and exciting role, you will be an integral member of their IT management team with responsibility for ensuring that the overall enterprise architecture supports the business strategy. This is a new role, looking for someone who can think strategically. The goal is to look across the enterprise to identify where systems can me modernized. This is a “start-up” position, they will look for someone who will be comfortable in that and not mind rolling up their sleeves at times.
The primary role of the Director is to lead and define enterprise-wide architectures and design across multiple IT functional areas enabling the execution of the strategy while developing and ensuring adherence to policies, standards, and best-practices frameworks. Looking for a candidate with advanced knowledge of architectural methodologies used in the design and development of information systems, including the physical structure of a system's internal operations and interactions with other systems.
This individual will be able to demonstrate innovation from their experience, identifying when they have successfully introduced new concepts, ideas, and technologies to form effective and innovative solutions.
- Create proofs of concepts to demonstrate innovative approaches for complex ideas and applications
- Questions conventional approaches
- Design new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or unavailable
- Notice trends in the industry or marketplace and develop plans to prepare for opportunities or problems
Candidate should be able to demonstrate and speak to their ability to identify long-term technology vision and strategy such as: Identify new technologies and capabilities that will give strategic advantage and/or achieve business objectives as well as look for opportunities to leverage existing technologies
- Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure the organizational objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives.
- Define approach for important IT evolution areas such as application rationalization, cloud, hardware refresh, data center strategy and consolidation, and migration of legacy technology.
- Understand the business's economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation, as to effectively support and guide technology investment decisions.
- Define and maintain the IT Technology Roadmap that optimizes investments and coordinate architecture work efforts across all the major domains including application, infrastructure, data and technology.
- Define architecture principles, styles, and standards for systems across the enterprise.
- Lead and/or influence a core group of applications, data, infrastructure and technical architects to ensure that activities align with the enterprise vision.
- Define the standard methodology, responsibilities and deliverables that capture the details of every level of architecture.
- Analyze current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement (i.e., business processes, expanding capacity, reducing time, cost and increasing effectiveness).
- Understand where application domains overlap and collaborate with others on the design of solutions and/or impact of planned changes.
- Research solutions and emerging technologies on the market to address specific technical requirements and business needs.
- Conduct and/or actively participate in meetings related to architecture decisions and settle conflicts about architectural decisions that arise.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly update based on changing technologies and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Communicate regularly with peers to update progress, discuss issues and priorities.
- Collaborate to establish broad governance policies and processes in support of client business objectives
- Analyze decisions and collaborate with others on the design of solutions and/or impact of planned changes
- Collaborate with technology and application owners to manage lifecycle of assets in the IT portfolio
- Collaborate with various client departments to evaluate designs and identify potential gaps or weaknesses
- Participate and provide leadership using expertise across multiple domains for high complexity projects ensuring design is consistent and well-integrated with existing conceptual, logical and physical architectures
SUPPLEMENTAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, oversees, and organizes the standards, policies, and procedures of technology throughout the organization
- Define architecture principles, styles, and standards for systems across multiple domains
- Ensure that standards are followed and develop a plan for remediation when they are not
- Collaborate with others to define architectural principles, styles and standards for systems across the enterprise
- Review non-standard technologies and help determine if there are standard solutions available.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Provide periodic updates to the organization on Enterprise Architecture initiatives.
- Assist personnel in other departments to resolve technical and/or application issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- Master degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT management experience required in at least three disciplines (such as application development, infrastructure, data management and technology) with progressive managerial responsibility gained in a large and distributed enterprise environment required.
- Advanced knowledge in EA frameworks such as TOGAF required. Certification highly desirable.
- Expert-level knowledge across multiple domains (i.e., applications, data, infrastructure, security) required
- Extensive experience defining and implementing strategies to move infrastructure from on premise to a cloud environment
- Demonstrated experience establishing enterprise-wide data governance policies and procedures required
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures including API Management
- Understanding of application development processes
- Knowledge of data management and database development technologies and processes
- In-depth leadership competency in the areas of IT strategy, governance, risk management and quality
- Ability to build relationships and trust with key business stakeholders to understand business strategy and future needs
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation, excellent customer service skills
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.