Our direct client is looking to hire a Cisco Systems Administrator for a long term contract.
Position : Cisco Systems Administrator
Location : Charlotte NC 28277
Duration : 6+ Months
Oversees the responsibility for performing complex analyses, planning and implementing of overall telecommunications/switch-based data communications network; implementation includes assisting with the installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunication equipment and services. This position is intimately involved with the design, implementation and support of highly complex networking, telecommunications and data center infrastructure.
1. Evaluates, designs, plans and coordinates all changes of highly complex telecommunications equipment and associated hardware, software, and cabling. Ensures that the capacity and capabilities of the telecommunications network are well anticipated and makes appropriate recommendations to accomplish this objective.
2. Troubleshoots, installs, and maintains telecommunication equipment including, but not limited to, call recording, call accounting, call processing, skills based automated call distribution (ACD), voice over internet (VoIP), interactive voice recognition (IVR), modular messaging, fax machines, modems and telephones.
3. Develops short and long range plans for future telecommunication needs and develops implementation as well as lifecycle and disaster recovery plans.
4. Performs communications analysis and usage (traffic) studies to reconfigure or augment existing equipment/services in order to optimize communications services most economically.
5. Establishes and maintains an accurate inventory of all telecommunications equipment, supplies and spare components necessary to ensure uninterrupted service of the voice and data networks.
6. Documents and plans all network changes following the CR (Change Request) process.
7. Supports critical systems after hours, nights and weekends as needed.
Ability to provide Tier 3 support and Engineering for • Cisco Unified Call / Communications Manager and Session Manager Edition (SME) • Cisco Unity Connection and Call Handlers • Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX) • UCCX scripting and CRS/CRX Administration experience • UCCX Finesse • QM Recording • Oracle SBC • Cisco UCS virtual servers • VMware (5.X and 6.X) • Cisco ISR Routers 29XX’s 39XX’s 4XXX’s • Voice Gateways and SRST • Analog voice gateways, e.g. VG202/4, VG224, VG310 and ATA’s • Voice services, e.g. PRI circuits, H323, SIP, analog 1FBs • Jabber & WebEx clients • CME • Network Tools, such as Cisco Prime Collaboration, Cisco Prime License Manager, Wireshark packet analysis, Cisco Identity Services Engine, IR Prognosis • Telephony endpoint devices: 7962, 7965, 8831, 8861, etc.