A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group in Jersey City, NJ has an exciting opportunity for an experienced SQL Development/Production DBA to join their large yet growing team in Jersey City, NJ. This is a long term contract role with the plan being to convert this individual from contractor to full-time employee down the road. Local candidates only as in person interview is required. Our client is willing and able to sponsor / transfer visas if needed.
This candidate will be working on various projects in the property and casualty industry. Experience should include at 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server Database Development and Administration. This candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Basic Requirements:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, & 2016
- Experience in data base design for data integrity, performance and capacity.
- Knowledge of the SQL language and its capabilities.
- Ability to analyze SQL and provide recommendations (tuning, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints, and etc.)
- Experience in tuning and best practices.
- Experience in application (e.g., timeouts, deadlocks, etc.) and server troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server components (Extended Events, SSIS, etc.)
- Ability to automate routine processes with .NET or PowerShell
- Experience with installation, configuration, support, and tuning of different complex Microsoft SQL Server installations and setups (Failover Clusters Instances, Local Availability Groups, Multi-site Availability Groups, etc.)
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration
- Past experience in Incident Management and good understanding of SOX compliance
- Good communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team
- Someone who takes initiative instead of waiting for work to be assigned.
- Someone who participates in discussions and who isn't afraid to have and state opinions.
- Ability to pick-up other Relational Database Technologies
- Nice to have:
- Familiarity with working on Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Experience in Managing a Multi-Site (Active-Active) Environment
- Experience with No-SQL Databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc.)
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
- All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
- Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, and Atlanta.